Best resort for splitting time between EPCOT and MK?

PHamrick

Mouseketeer
My family and I are planning on going down to WDW in October to go to a Halloween party Thursday night and then EPCOT on Friday. I'm trying to decide on a resort to stay in Wednesday and Thursday night. I was thinking we should stay closer to EPCOT so it cuts down on our travel time on Friday. And I was thinking it wouldn't hurt us too badly to stay near EPCOT b/c we can't get into MK until 4 on party day. However, that is a long way home late at night on Thursday.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Pros/Cons of where to stay?

Thanks!

There is no single resort that is best for both MK and Epcot. They are in totally different areas. Which ever area you choose will be convenient to one and distant from the other.
Personally we love the Epcot Resort area best. We choose to stay at the BC.
We love the proximity to Epcot

I would choose a resort on the monorail. At least you can take the monorail to Epcot too and take buses out of the equation.

When we have stayed at Epcot resorts, we found getting to MK by bus a more timely proposition, especially from BC.

My family and I are planning on going down to WDW in October to go to a Halloween party Thursday night and then EPCOT on Friday. I'm trying to decide on a resort to stay in Wednesday and Thursday night. I was thinking we should stay closer to EPCOT so it cuts down on our travel time on Friday. And I was thinking it wouldn't hurt us too badly to stay near EPCOT b/c we can't get into MK until 4 on party day. However, that is a long way home late at night on Thursday.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Pros/Cons of where to stay?

Thanks!

We used to do this type of trip quite a lot when my kids were younger. Staying at a monorail resort ended up being WAY more convenient for the Halloween party at MK. Not sure if you have a stroller or not (we always did), but if you do have one, nothing really compares to the convenience of the walking path back to CR or taking the monorail back to Poly or GF late at night after the party when everyone is tired.

We used to love the BC and stayed there once for a Halloween party and found it to be a nightmare getting back there with sleeping kids and a large stroller and a bus....

Your travel time to Epcot via monorail resort is not too long at all. I'd look at CR, Poly, or GF. All 3 are great!

I agree - Monorail resort would be better than Epcot - Contemporary or BLT would be even better - walking back from MNNSHP is heavenly

This is what I was thinking. CR or BLT would be your best bet. Leaving the MNNSHP, you'll be happy to be staying so close to the MK. It's a short walk back to those two resorts. Then to go to EPCOT the next day, it's easy to take the resort monorail to the TTC and transfer to the EPCOT monorail.

We used to do this type of trip quite a lot when my kids were younger. Staying at a monorail resort ended up being WAY more convenient for the Halloween party at MK. Not sure if you have a stroller or not (we always did), but if you do have one, nothing really compares to the convenience of the walking path back to CR or taking the monorail back to Poly or GF late at night after the party when everyone is tired.

We used to love the BC and stayed there once for a Halloween party and found it to be a nightmare getting back there with sleeping kids and a large stroller and a bus....

Your travel time to Epcot via monorail resort is not too long at all. I'd look at CR, Poly, or GF. All 3 are great!

I won't have a stroller, but the kids will only be 6 and 8. And the 8 year old is the size of a 10 year old. He's already big enough to ride all adult rides. I couldn't imagine carrying him if I had to if he got tired. Good point about coming home is more important than going to EPCOT the next day. Thanks!!

Reactions: TJA
Agree with a monorail resort. It would be the best way for you to minimize your travel time, and if you're going to those two parks you wouldn't have to worry about a bus. Like PP said, if you stay at the Poly you can walk to TTC to catch the Epcot monorail, though if your room is on the other side of the resort it can be a bit of a walk. Regardless though, you can't go wrong with any of the monorail resorts.

Have fun! That sounds like a great trip.

Thank you everyone! Do you think it makes a difference when I book? Or will there be any price fluctuation over the next few days?

Also, has anyone stayed in the bungalows at the Poly? Those look intriguing to me! Thanks!

Thank you everyone! Do you think it makes a difference when I book? Or will there be any price fluctuation over the next few days?

Also, has anyone stayed in the bungalows at the Poly? Those look intriguing to me! Thanks!

No price fluctuation as prices are set. With that said, availability can/does change, so it's best to book as soon as you know what you want ;).

I can't answer about the bungalows, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

The bungalows sleep eight - one king bed, one queen bed, one queen sleeper sofa and two bunk sized murphy beds. They are pretty expensive, either for cash or using DVC points. You need a lot of DVC points for a bungalow stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter