Best Resort for Run Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

davidl81

DIS Veteran
I am looking to book the best resort for the Run Disney Wine and Dine half marathon weekend in NOV. We are DVC members, but DVC is full, and best I can tell all of Disney resorts are booked but AKL Jambo. I booked Jambo, but location wise it’s far from both the marathon starting location (MK transportation center) and Epcot (race ending spot, plus wine and dine). Swan and Dolphin are also sold out. I’m open to any resort and cost really isn’t a driving factor.
Thanks, David

I am looking to book the best resort for the Run Disney Wine and Dine half marathon weekend in NOV. We are DVC members, but DVC is full, and best I can tell all of Disney resorts are booked but AKL Jambo. I booked Jambo, but location wise it’s far from both the marathon starting location (MK transportation center) and Epcot (race ending spot, plus wine and dine). Swan and Dolphin are also sold out. I’m open to any resort and cost really isn’t a driving factor.
Thanks, David
I'd keep Jambo, since it will probably offer the bus to the starting area, and I can't imagine that anything offsite would be closer than Jambo. However, among offsite hotels, the Disney Springs Hotels would be closer to Epcot than the newer ones at Flamingo Crossings (which is also further than Jambo). I haven't stayed in any of them, but many people who frequent this forum have and will be happy to answer questions about them. There's also the Marriott World Center (hotel and three timeshare resorts) just across I-4 from DS. We've stayed in two of the TS resorts and enjoyed them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter