• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Best Resort for a Day in Cozumel

connie1042

DIS Veteran
Have you ever done "Resort for a Day" in Cozumel? Do any of them provide transportation. Is the taxi system safe? Which resort did you go to, and why did you like it. Have have seen some could deals for 50 bucks for the day. Just wondering how safe.

Nachi Cocum. Loved it. They only allow 100 people a day, so it's never crowded. Beautiful beach, you get your own palapa and they deliver your food and drinks right to your lounger (or you can eat in the indoor or outdoor section of the restaurant if you're not into eating on the beach ). All inclusive food and drinks. Quick 15 min cab ride. Have gone twice when our daughters were 6 and 7. Hammocks, very nice pool with those shaded lounger beds, hot tub. Gift shop, lovely grounds. Loved it all. Have fun!

So what do you tip the guy that brings you the food and drinks all day at the resort? I would only tip him at the end, correct. What was the taxi cost to get to this Resort. Including the tip.?

We tip him a few dollars the first time he brings something (just to let him know we're tippers) then wait til the end to tip him fully. But that's just what we do. The cab rides are set fares per person, we have 5 and it was maybe a little over $20 if I'm not mistaken. Someone else may recall or have a picture of the fare signs. We always tip 20%, but that's just us.

I second Nachi Cocum! Just beautiful and the food and drinks and service were definitely great! Definitely worth the price~

If I remember correctly, I think a cab ride was around $25 with tip. I can't remember what we tipped our server? I know we tried to be generous, he was awesome and made us feel so special!

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

Resort for a Day - (hotel) best beach would be Occidental Grand. If you're looking for a beach day with chairs/palapa/food you have 4 options although have done any. Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach, Nachi Cocom, or Playa Mia.

I second Nachi Cocum! Just beautiful and the food and drinks and service were definitely great! Definitely worth the price~

If I remember correctly, I think a cab ride was around $25 with tip. I can't remember what we tipped our server? I know we tried to be generous, he was awesome and made us feel so special!

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/
We liked Nachi Cocom as well. We would definitely go back as we prefer quiet and relaxed to loud and wild

My family all love Nachi Cocum. The beach is a little rocky, but I think that is common in Cozumel. Their is a nice pool if your kids would rather do that than swim in the ocean.

For 2 adults, 2 kids, you can expect to pay about $200 for the day, including the fee, taxi cab, and tips.

We have been to Paradise Beach a few times and enjoy it very much.

As for the cabs, I won't say I feel 100% safe in them, but safe enough to use them.

So what do you tip the guy that brings you the food and drinks all day at the resort? I would only tip him at the end, correct. What was the taxi cost to get to this Resort. Including the tip.?
You really should tip as you go. Due to rotations you never know if you will have the same staff member each time or would be able to find each one at the end of the stay.

You really should tip as you go. Due to rotations you never know if you will have the same staff member each time or would be able to find each one at the end of the stay.

We've been to Nachi Cocom two times, and wherever your lounger/palapa is, there is an assigned server for your spot. So you have the same dedicated server all day long. He gets to know what you like, it's helpful! But of course that's not to say that wouldn't happen. But in our experience they assign you someone so he gets to know you for the day.

Also done Nachi Cocum twice. Love it there. All of the beach clubs are a cab ride away and similar in distance. We felt comfortable in the taxis. After the chaos that is the family pools on the ship, the pool at Nachi Cocum is a huge hit with my kids. The beach is fine, typical for Cozumel. We have rented equipment (jetskis & paddle boards) also on site. My favorite part is that its never busy there.

We've been to Nachi Cocom two times, and wherever your lounger/palapa is, there is an assigned server for your spot. So you have the same dedicated server all day long. He gets to know what you like, it's helpful! But of course that's not to say that wouldn't happen. But in our experience they assign you someone so he gets to know you for the day.
That's great! Nice service. Most beach clubs and resorts don't work that way.

That's great! Nice service. Most beach clubs and resorts don't work that way.

It really is nice~ Nachi Cocum remains one of my favorite Mexico beach days of all. We recently got back from a trip to an All-Inclusive in Cancun and kept saying how we wish we had Nachi Cocum food, drinks and service! :love:

It really is nice~ Nachi Cocum remains one of my favorite Mexico beach days of all. We recently got back from a trip to an All-Inclusive in Cancun and kept saying how we wish we had Nachi Cocum food, drinks and service! :love:
While I have never gone to Nachi Cocum, I do stay every year at the resort next door to the south. I have walked past it numerous times. We were on a DCL cruise and chose Mr Sanchos. I don't even know if Nachi Cocum existed back then but it would have been a wiser choice if it was.

Another vote for Nachi. Clean, friendly, no locals trying to sell stuff. The food, drinks and service were quite good. There was a short pitch to rent stuff but then we were left alone. We brought our own snorkel mask and rented a paddle board. Very relaxing, quiet beach day.

We went to Mr. Sanchos last summer. Kids were 12 and 16. Caught a cab to and from the resort very easily. Service was outstanding at the resort. We had the package that included drinks and food and servers were quick to bring refills. They have an area with a lot of inflatables which the kids enjoyed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter