Best relatively inexpensive walking shoes.

TigMaya

Mouseketeer
I'm going to be traveling to NYC soon and am looking for a comfortable pair of shoes to wear. I'll mostly be wearing capri pants/shorts and t-shirts, and I need casual shoes that will look okay. I have never been able to find sandals that both look good and provide the support I need, but I also don't want to wear my amazingly comfortable Asics running shoes because I'm afraid I'll look like a dork. I've never been to NYC before so I don't know what will work best. Any suggestions?

I'd wear the Asics...you won't look like a dork. Also, Ryka makes some shoes that are less "sneaker-like" and I saw some pretty inexpensive pairs at DSW last week.

I agree, wear the Asics. Comfort over style everyday! LOL Besides, you won't look like a dork. If you do, take comfort in the fact that I also then, looked like a dork, wearing sneakers with capris in Manhattan! :)

MANY MANY women wear sneakers when walking in NYC, even with expensive dress suits. I don't think you will be out of place at all.

Have fun and protect those feet!

The Puma Volitile sneakers are comfy. They don't have a separate tongue as everything is connected. I got my at dsw with a couple of coupons. You can print them out from the website and use multiple. I got my $84 pumas for $40 or so. Also, they come in many colors, so you have a choice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter