Best RCI resorts

Grumpy's_Gal

Mouseketeer
Hi! I know that there are a lot of timeshare owners that frequent this board, so I was hoping for a little help. We are Wyndham owners and have traded some of our leftover points into RCI. We'd like to use our red week to stay near Disney during the end of April or beginning of May, but I have no idea what RCI resorts we should try for. Any opinions on which are the best would be much appreciated. I know I've seen this info listed for people using II, but my seach didn't bring up any results for RCI. Thanks in advance for your help!

Lori

Wyndham's Bonnet Creek resort is nice and nicely located near Disney locations.
Otherwise I'd highly recommend either of the two Hilton Grand Vacation Club Resorts (HGVC @ SeaWorld or HGVC International Drive), or any of the phases of the Cypress Pointe resorts. I've not been to Sheraton's Vistana Villages (located on International Drive), but that resort gets a lot of high compliments. Also, Sheraton's Vistana Resort (located on SR 535) can be a good choice, too, if you don't end up in one of the older sections of the resort. We like Orange Lake Country Club, but it's apparently too big for some guests' liking.

Dick Taylor

what do you want?

near WDW or nice and near WDW.

would add Vacation Villa at Parkway(#4940, Silver Lake (#2610 & #6815), bryan's spanish cove #1613(got a very nice villa - when I was expecting much worst), some marriott are there

cypress point #2619, sabal palms #1276, royal palms #1699

some like summer bay (#3175), Polynesian Isles #5095, Orbit One Vacation villa #5109, houses at summer bay #6884,Orange Lake's River Island #8881, Orange Lake North Village #8897, Grand Beach #3664 & #6315, Oasis Lakes at Fountain #4852 & #7605

the ones listed above
Wynham Bonnett Creek Resort #6369
Cypress pointe #8080, #2750, #3664, #8646
Sheraton Vistana Resort #0450
Hgvc at sw #3517, #7705
HGVC at ID #6309

always check my numbers before using them.

Back in October I stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club International Drive. We were only going to Universal which the resort is at the opposite end of International Drive and then we went to Typhoon Lagoon for one day. This resort isn't overly convenient to Disney, but not that bad either. The area that it is isn't really very attractive though. It is right next to one of the Outlet Centers and the Dixie Stampede. The rooms were wonderful as they are quite new and the resort had beautiful grounds and pools. This coming October/November I am going to be staying at Orange Lake Country Club for two weeks and I am really looking forward to that. I have heard that if you are on a certain part of the grounds you can actually hear the animals from Animal Kingdom as they property abuts Animal Kingdom. The resort is very large though, so it would be best to have a rental car. Sorry I don't have more information that would be helpful.

You won't see Bonnet Creek deposited to RCI, so that's out. Vistana Villages and the older Marriotts are more common in II than RCI. Same with the two Cypress Pointes.

HGVCs are good choices, as is VV@Parkway (with full kitchens only). Orange Lake is generally favorably reviewed, though not universally so; same with Vistana.

Are you using a 70K red studio, or a larger unit? If so, you *should* be able to see most things for that time, though we're getting a bit late to make the exchange for Spring '08.

For what it's worth, I have both RCI and II, and I've seen better quality resorts in II than RCI, and not just the Disneys and Marriotts. Much more Vistana Villages, Cypress Pointes, etc.

Thanks so much for all your input!

To answer answer a few of the questions some of you had... We've got a one bedroom red week banked. We're looking for something nice first, the proximity to Disney isn't that much of an issue since we'll have a rental car. We've stayed at Wyndham Cypress Palms and Bonnet Creek and were happy with the locations of both of those places.

Again, thanks for your help. I guess we'll call RCI tonight to see what they have available.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter