• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Rate at Saratoga Springs??

SqueakyMouse said:
This question is for non-DVC-ers: What is the best rate you've ever gotten at SS??

I am a DVCer, but have never tried to get cash rates at any DVC "yet". I know it will happen one day though.

That said, I don't think they are discounting rooms at SSR at this time because there are very few (if any) rooms that are not being used by the DVC program.

I would advise you to take this question over to the DVC board as most there know more than I about the details of the "cash rate" system.

There is current availability with AP rate Dec 3-10 for studio at Saratoga. There may be more available but that's my weeks so only checked them. Besides SSR there was BVC and BWV for my time. I've rented through CRO and have always gotten an AP discount for DVC resorts. DVC owners will tell you there is not discounts on DVC but there are. SSR studio for 13/3-12/10 was 1400 and change.

I'm a DVC owner and I won't tell you discounts aren't available. They are - we've used them. Disney keeps about 4% of DVC rooms available through CRO to sell as regular hotel stays. Sometimes these are available at discounts and sometimes they aren't. If the resorts fill with regular DVC requests, Disney may turn unused rooms back to DVC, and vise versa. SSR is one of the larger DVC resorts, so discounts are more likely to be available.

If the villas are available and discounted, go for it. But even with a discount they'll still be in the higher price range when compared to the hotels.

DisFlan

BCV and BWV studios were available at the same AP rate as the hotel rooms. SSR was less than those two.

I had a one night AP rate at a SSR studio in early June. It was about $210/night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter