Best Quick Service in Hollywood Studios?

DisneyMandC

DIS Veteran
I wanted to get opinions on the best quick service meal for lunch in Hollywood Studios. We're doing 50s Prime Time for Dinner and had a reservation for Hollywood and Vine for lunch, but I canceled it. I hadn't read great reviews and wasn't interested in a character buffet with Disney Junior characters for our honeymoon! We ate at Sci-Fi Theater on our last trip and don't particularly feel a need to go back. Suggestions? I wish there were more/better restaurants in HS!

Thank you! Looks like we might try ABC Commissary. I have eaten there before, but it's been 10 years.

It really is an awful park for dining, which is odd. To me, it's my favorite park to go to because it has more of the "thrill rides" in terms of RnRC and ToT. If it wasn't for the fact that we want to see Fantasmic, I'd just do 50s Prime Time for lunch and leave before dinner.

IMO there is no such thing as a good quick service restaurant in HS. The best option if you must would be pre-made cold cut sandwiches with mayo on them at Starring Rolls or pre-packaged sushi. That is as good as it gets in this park. I end up getting breakfast at my resort or make an ADR for breakfast at Cape May, skip the QS in this park for lunch and then eat dinner that evening, usually on the Boardwalk.

My wife likes the Buffalo chicken nuggets at backlot express. I've never had them though.

Starring Rolls is very good, and Studio Catering Co. was pretty good.

That's actually not a bad idea, @goofy4prez. We're staying at AKL and I keep hearing about how fantastic Boma is for breakfast. I wonder if we could get an early reservation for there and then head over to the park and get by on our snack credits for the day.

Hands down, Fairfax Fare. Hands down, excellent food and big portions. Second choice is the sandwiches and the Studio Catering Company.

My husband and I go to the Studios for three attractions but we always make sure we eat there.

My family and I are planning on splitting the chicken and ribs combo from Fairfax Fare. We're probably going to bring our own ciabatta rolls, tear the meat off the chicken and make chicken sandwiches. :)

I'm curious though, since we've never eaten at Fairfax Fare before. Can we get our food to go and eat it while waiting for Fantasmic?

My family and I are planning on splitting the chicken and ribs combo from Fairfax Fare. We're probably going to bring our own ciabatta rolls, tear the meat off the chicken and make chicken sandwiches. :)

I'm curious though, since we've never eaten at Fairfax Fare before. Can we get our food to go and eat it while waiting for Fantasmic?

As long as they are open, yes. You might want to ask for extra plates and then create your sandwiches on the tables behind Fairfax Fare and then just carry the plates into Fantasmic with you. Take lots of napkins and maybe bring a plastic bag for leftovers. You will get a LOT of food.

As long as they are open, yes. You might want to ask for extra plates and then create your sandwiches on the tables behind Fairfax Fare and then just carry the plates into Fantasmic with you. Take lots of napkins and maybe bring a plastic bag for leftovers. You will get a LOT of food.
Thanks so much!

We ate twice at the Backlot express, originally for lunch and our moms ordered a grilled turkey sandwich and a southwest salad and both looked so good that we wanted to have that for dinner. We arrived right at lunch time and had no problems getting a table which was a switch from eating at Magic Kingdom the day prior.

We also ate at fairfax before we went to fantasmic. My husband and I split the chicken and ribs and they were very good. We finished off dinner with a brownie sundae which I thought was not worth the $. The brownie was very hard.

Plenty of burger and fry places. They are all about the same, not great, not bad. There is a pizza place in the back too. Not great, not bad. We look at it as it is only lunch, doesn't have to taste like a $100 meal.

Plenty of burger and fry places. They are all about the same, not great, not bad. There is a pizza place in the back too. Not great, not bad. We look at it as it is only lunch, doesn't have to taste like a $100 meal.

Sadly though if you are feeding a family of 4 it's still going to cost you $50-$75. It should at least taste like a $50-$75 meal. :goodvibes This can be accomplished at the MK, Epcot and AK, but IMHO not here in HS. You also summed it up pretty well with burger & fry and pizza places. I guess when I eat I want to enjoy my food even if it's "only lunch."

By the way, I love your tag line under your user name. Never take a laxative and sleeping pill together... Excellent advice. :rotfl2:

Sadly though if you are feeding a family of 4 it's still going to cost you $50-$75. It should at least taste like a $50-$75 meal. :goodvibes This can be accomplished at the MK, Epcot and AK, but IMHO not here in HS. You also summed it up pretty well with burger & fry and pizza places. I guess when I eat I want to enjoy my food even if it's "only lunch."

By the way, I love your tag line under your user name. Never take a laxative and sleeping pill together... Excellent advice. :rotfl2:

I get the cost point you are making and agree completely. I guess I am just use to paying that much when we go to other theme parks. Six Flags, Kings Island, and Cedar Point. Last time we went to Six Flags, 4 burgers, fries and a drink cost me $65. Their burgers are like eating McD's. At least I feel like I get a decent size burger at DHS with a piece of shrimpo_O. I totally agree with everyone else, would be nice to have better QS lunch at DHS.

Thanks for the tag line compliment. I am not speaking from experience BTW. I actually heard an old guy at a bar say this and I just about fell out of my chair. I would tell the rest of the story but it isn't pretty and needless to say, I had beer coming out of my nose by the time I was done laughing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter