• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best QS place (Not in Parks) and DownTown Disney, Help!

mom2dina

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We are using 2 of our credits on a Signiture resturant. But we have extra QS meal credits. I need help in finding a dinner place for one night:

What is the best QS place to eat not at a park?

Is there QS places at Downtown Disney?

Thanks for your help!

At DTD, Wolfgang Puck Express is, I've found, one of the best Dining Plan bargains there is. You can get a very good amount of food for one QS credit, and the food is tasty.

And, of course, Earl of Sandwich is a perennial favorite, although the quantity and quality of food is not quite up to the WPE standards.

My all time favorite place for QS is at Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD. BUT...I much prefer the one in the Marketplace, behind the Christmas store. I don't like the one that's down by Cirque.

It's a great value for a QS.

Cooks Of Dublin at DTD has very good fish,shrimp or scallops that are lightly battered and fried.

Wolfgang Puck Express is great for a CS option. The portions were HUGE!! Also the food is a little more on the upscale side compared to most other CS menus.
We dined there one evening when we didn't have a TS to use (As we had used 2 at CRT), and it was nice because it actually feels somewhat like a TS meal. You order at the counter and get your own drinks, but then take a seat and your meal is served to you (real plates and silverware too).

Here's another vote for Wolfgang Pucks in the Marketplace (NOT west side). It is also the best QS bang for your buck! I also like Earl of Sandwich but at their prices, it's almost better to pay out of pocket!

There are also some nice QS options at the resorts. I love Captain Cooks. I get their grown up grilled cheese (a panini with different and unique cheeses on it) with Polynesian chips and you can get a dole whip for your dessert!

We loved Wolfgang Pucks. It is really the best QS value anywhere. Really really good food in a great atmosphere. My kids LOVED Earl of Sandwich too. (YUM! I cant wait to eat there again in January!)

Thank you all for the great responses.

Where is the "Puck Express in DTD the one in the Marketplace, behind the Christmas store."

What else is around it? Is there a map I can look it up in? Thank you!!!

WolfgangPuck Express!!!And another must do is Earl of sandwich!! Seriously good eats. Enjoy!

Where is the "Puck Express in DTD the one in the Marketplace, behind the Christmas store."

It's in DTD... in the Marketplace... behind the Christmas store. :lmao:

Seriously, though... the map linked in pp above shows where it is.

Thank you all for the great responses.

What else is around it? Is there a map I can look it up in? Thank you!!!

Get off the bus in the Marketplace, first stop in DTD. Walk in through the entrance. You will go past the in ground fountains, with the Christmas store on your left. When you get to the end of the Christmas store, turn left, and make a sort of 'U' turn around the Christmas store. You will see WPE down a bit, on the side of the Christmas store.

Yes there are QS places in Downtown Disney. Last month DH and I used a QS credit at Wolfgang puck express and it was really good. We have also used QS credits at Earl of sandwich in the past..

Another vote for Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich. These are both must dos for us every year.

Wolfgang's is a little more upscale as the servers bring your food out to you at your table (after your order has been placed at the counter), and clear your dishes. Portions are great here as well.

If you enjoy fish Cookes of Dublin is great as well.

Ditto on WolfgangPuck Express and Earl of sandwich in DTD.

We also love Contempo Cafe @ Contemporary, Flame Tree BBQ @ AK, Electric Umbrella @ Future World - Epcot, Sommerfest @ Germany - World Showcase - Epcot, & Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe @ Tomorrowland - Magic Kingdom,

I agree on Earl of Sandwich and WPE as well, guess that explains why they are always so busy! EoS is always a family favorite for the holiday sandwich, glad they start it early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter