• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Places to Split Meals

AmyBlaze

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are going to Disney World in September for our anniversary and we got free dining! Woo!

We are trying to make the best use of it, especially considering we are going to be having a 2 credit table service meal on our actual anniversary day (Narcoossee's) and we're also spending 6 very full days in the park (we're staying 5 nights, but arriving in Orlando at 9am the first day and leaving late at night our last day) - so we're only getting 5 "days" of meal plan. I considered upgrading to the Deluxe, but we really don't need that many table service meals or want to spend that much time sitting down.

The pieces of advice I have received is to either pay OOP for cheaper QS restaurants or split meals. I'd prefer to split meals than pay OOP - if it was a viable option.

So my question is - what QS restaurants (or I suppose table service, if they do that) give the largest portions of food that could be split between two adults in their late 20s?

Or any other advice for maximizing your meal plan?

Tangirine Cafe in Epcot has a huge portion, some items in Sunshine Seasons are sharable as well.

MK some food at Cosmic Rays is sharable and you can make a pretty decent meal with the toppings bar at Pecos Bill.
DHS: Fairfax Fare (but the food isn't very good)
AK: Flame Tree BBQ (and it's GOOOOOOD!)

I've heard that the sandwich sizes and desserts are huge at the Starring Rolls Cafe in DHS and it's supposedly quite good food. That's on my list for our day in DHS. :goodvibes

If you like soda, order a large so there is more to share. (otherwise you automatically get a medium with meal plan).
I second Flametree if you get a rib, chicken or combo plate, but the sandwich isn't that big.
At Cosmic rays the double bacon cheeseburger is huge and top it off at the fixings bar (mushrooms and onions).
We also share snacks like Starring Rolls cupcakes and dole whips to make those credits stretch.

tluvstink said:
The portions at 50s PT in DHS are huge and can easily be shared:)

Terri
]

I wish I had known that the fried chicken was FOUR pieces of chicken...

You'll need to share at TS restaurants in order to get the 2 extra TS credits you'll need for Narcoossee's.

You cannot share at buffets, family style restaurants, or fixed price events (CRT, Akershus, luau, Hoop De Doo, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, Fantasmic! Dining Package).

The only TS restaurant that has a very strict no sharing policy is Via Napoli where you won't be able to use only 1 credit for both of you.

Since you're going next month if you tell us where your TS reservations are, we could probably help figure out which ones would be best for sharing.

My TS Reservations are:

Mama Melrose (HS)
Narcoosee's
Be Our Guest (MK)
Teppan Edo (Epcot)

I'm more interested in splitting QS meals than TS, but if anyone does have suggestions, then please let me know.

Also thanks so much to everyone that has helped so far!

QS you can order a double burger and pay for an extra bun. Have burgers twice and your problem is solved for 2 QS meals in one day.

My TS Reservations are:

Mama Melrose (HS)
Narcoosee's
Be Our Guest (MK)
Teppan Edo (Epcot)

I'm more interested in splitting QS meals than TS, but if anyone does have suggestions, then please let me know.

Also thanks so much to everyone that has helped so far!

Okay, I misunderstood. From your first post it sounded like you were trying to save TS credits to cover the 2 credit Narcoossee's, but now it sounds like that's not an issue.

As far as CS with portions to share we've shared at:
-MK: Cosmic Ray's, especially at dinner when the ribs and chicken combo is available.
-AK: Flame Tree Barbecue - good for sharing, just watch out for the birds in the seating areas because they'll want some too.
-Epcot: Sunshine Seasons - generous portions of many entrees.
-Epcot: Kringla - sandwich and a delicious dessert.
-Any park: Turkey legs are huge, but messy. One is enough for 3 of us.

You might want to consider using a snack credit to add an additional side to your order giving you a larger meal to share.

QS you can order a double burger and pay for an extra bun. Have burgers twice and your problem is solved for 2 QS meals in one day.

:thumbsup2

For QS-I also agree with the FlameTree BBQ option...lots of food on the chicken plate!
At Epcot, the La Cantina has really good Tacos with lots of meat...we get an tortilla or two and can really stretch a meal out...(when we WANT to!)

For TS, the 50s PT chicken is awesome, and plentiful! :worship:

Okay, I misunderstood. From your first post it sounded like you were trying to save TS credits to cover the 2 credit Narcoossee's, but now it sounds like that's not an issue.

As far as CS with portions to share we've shared at:
-MK: Cosmic Ray's, especially at dinner when the ribs and chicken combo is available.
-AK: Flame Tree Barbecue - good for sharing, just watch out for the birds in the seating areas because they'll want some too.
-Epcot: Sunshine Seasons - generous portions of many entrees.
-Epcot: Kringla - sandwich and a delicious dessert.
-Any park: Turkey legs are huge, but messy. One is enough for 3 of us.

Sorry - I realized I wasn't being very clear. It's not necessarily that I want more TS meals (though wouldn't be opposed to that either!). It was just that I felt as though I didn't have enough meal credits to really cover us through the whole trip since they give you meals based on your number of nights rather than number of days. And then on top of that I wanted a fancy meal that used up even more of those credits. Just trying to stretch those out as far as possible. And thought it would be easier (?) to split QS meals.

Looks like Flame Tree BBQ wins all around! And that's perfect for me since I loooove BBQ!

Lsdolphin said:
You might want to consider using a snack credit to add an additional side to your order giving you a larger meal to share.

Excellent suggestion!

---

Also a lot of you are saying 50's PT in HS. Do you think I should change my reservation from Mama Melrose?

Remember that you don't have to order a combo if paying OOP. So 1 person can get burger, fries, large drink, dessert. The other person can pay cash for a burger (it is cheaper than getting burger and fries). This would work especially well at a resort food court because you could use refillable mug for drinks.

Remember that you don't have to order a combo if paying OOP. So 1 person can get burger, fries, large drink, dessert. The other person can pay cash for a burger (it is cheaper than getting burger and fries). This would work especially well at a resort food court because you could use refillable mug for drinks.

Since QS combo meals include a beverage, we would always use our refillable mug for coffee/tea during breakfast and either grab a large bottled water or OJ for a drink later in the day.

I think we've had the best luck splitting TS meals at DHS restaurants, especially 50's PT and Sci-Fi Dine-in. They are usually kind enough to split the meal onto two plates with a full portion of sides on each.

If splitting a TS meal, please be kind and tip as if the check was for a party of two.

For CS meals, Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD has a great selection and large portions. I would probably split an order there regardless.

HTH, Steve :cool1:

For CS meals, Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD has a great selection and large portions. I would probably split an order there regardless.

HTH, Steve :cool1:

I was going to suggest WPE, too. The portions there are HUGE! We always end up throwing a bunch of food away (we don't split meals as we enjoying eating different things). I swear the last time I got the rotisserie chicken, they gave me 4 portions of mashed potatoes!

My husband and I don't have any kids so it was just the two of us and we had the free DDP while we were there. We stayed 7 nights, not that it matters, but we, like you, arrived early in the morning (around 6-7am) and didn't leave until around 4pm on checkout day (just had concierge hold our luggage).

I did a lot of researching and what worked best for us was to just use our snack credits for a light breakfast each morning. Most mornings we each got a yogurt parfait (granola, yogurt & fruit) and that was huge and very filling...definitely filled us up until lunch time. A couple of mornings we each got a muffin and on another day we split a cinnamon roll from Main St Bakery but we realized we didn't stay full for nearly as long so we went back to the yogurt parfaits. :)

We usually did a CS lunch and while I originally planned for us to split some CS meals, we didn't end up needing to. We aren't huge eaters, but I honestly didn't think any of the meals I saw were large enough to split with 2 adults unless you are also eating snacks during the day (which we didn't). Most of our dinners were TS meals, and we did actually do Narcoossee's and it was wonderful! One of the days we weren't very hungry for lunch so we just ate an early TS dinner around 4pm and that ended up "saving" us a couple of extra CS credits. It worked well that way, and looking back, I probably would have chosen to do a CS breakfast, Snack for lunch, and an earlier TS dinner on many of the days.

We only got a couple of snacks during our trip because we were always so stuffed. We shared a pineapple dole whip, and also tried the red velvet cupcake from Starring Rolls. My husband did pay OOP for a few alcoholic beverages in Epcot but I didn't buy anything OOP except for a breakfast sandwich the morning of our arrival right after we checked in & didn't want to mess with dining credits yet. We may have purchased something to share on our check out day now that I think about it, but I can't remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter