Best places to eat (OOP) which does not cost much

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Best places to eat, out of pocket, which does not cost too much in each park and maybe resorts ?
We like Columbia Harbor House and the Plaza Restaurant

Other suggestions ?

For QS we've found Pecos Bills to be a good value in MK, Flame Tree Barbecue in AK. IMHO there is not cheap food in the parks, you can save some by going out side of the world or bringing it in.

Wolfgang Puck’s Express at DS is very good and reasonable. They also have very large portions, so sharing may be an option.
Captain Cook’s at the Poly is excellent.
Tangerine Cafe in Morocco is also very good.
Agree with Pecos Bill’s, Flame Tree, and Sunshine Seasons. Also, we like Cosmic Ray’s.

Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. It isn't bad as far as Disney prices go, and we love the food, especially at lunch or dinner.

Mama Melrose is one of my favorites! It’s a nice atmosphere, the prices aren’t to bad (compared to the most of Disney’s restaurants) and it has great gluten free stuff. The food is always really good and i love it. It’s in Hollywood studies and I definitely recommend it!

MK - Harbor House
AK - Satu'li
HS - Sci Fi was decent
EP - Katsura

DS - Cooke's of Dublin or Chicken Guy

We have found that the QS restaurants at the monorail resorts (Contempo, Captain Cooks and Gasparilla Grill) offer a good variety to pick from, with prices very reasonable (by Disney standards). Also, the quality of the food has gotten so much better. And there are two places we make sure we stop at at least once. P&J's Southern take out at Fort Wilderness. The 2-piece chicken meal includes corn bread and two sides and we are always stuffed when we're done. And it's all for under $11! There are other options as well, including barbecue ribs, that can feed 2-4 people for around $25. There are benches to sit at out of the sun and take in the surroundings. But the best value overall for us is Earl of Sandwich, especially breakfast. There are a number of good options, but we always go for an omelet. You can make them to order, though I always go for the ham and cheddar. They are big and the meal includes home-style potatoes as well and only costs $8. The offerings for sandwiches are excellent as well. It opens earlier than the shops at DS (7:00 I think) and it's nice to just sit outside and enjoy the peace and quiet. Enjoy!

My fav places to pay OOP for a better value & to keep costs down:

Flametree BBQ
ESPN
Plaza Restaurant
Mama Melrose for flatbread pizza
Restaurant Marrakesh for a sampler appetizer that can be eaten as a meal
Beaches 'n' Cream (check if open, meals should be shared, as well as desserts)
Trail's End
Dlux Burger at DS for shareable portions
Via Napoli

Still on my list to try:
Big River Brewing
Geyser Point

To me, time is money while at Disney. It can be disappointing to spend an hour traveling to a location to save $4-7 each. If you have a large party this might be worth it, but the smaller the group, just try & find something reasonable for the location you're at. Don't chase food. Bringing your own snacks/drinks into the park & eating breakfast or another meal at your room each day will do more to offset costs than to run all over the World trying to save $4, IMO.

Our family is one who splits meals when possible. So we may order 3 or 4 adult meals and share. Here's our go to CS in each park.

MK- Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills, Harbour House
EP- Sunshine Seasons,
AK- Flame Tree, Satuli,
Disney Springs- Wolfgang Puck Express,

I think the affordable options with better food, tend to be at Disney springs. Wolfgang puck express, Earl of Sandwich, Blaze pizza are all good and pretty reasonable.

Best places to eat, out of pocket, which does not cost too much in each park and maybe resorts ?
We like Columbia Harbor House and the Plaza Restaurant

Other suggestions ?

Can’t beat Yak & Yeti @ AK for a filling and rather inexpensive lunch

Splitzville, not bowling, just food, 50's Prime Time, Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch, Satuli Canteen, and Yak and Yet sitdown.

kids meals. anyone can get a quick service kids meal. and, most kids meals includes small beverage. I know at the Mara (AKL) a kids meal cheese burger comes with fries AND another side AND a small water, juice or milk. the section is clearly marked. the extra side can be fruit, grapes etc. The whole thing is less than $8

Tusker house has the loaded fries with pulled pork and nacho cheese-so good and less than $5

no cast member will ever question the purchase of a counter service kids meal. now, the sit down restaurants most likely will not let you order a kids meal.

the Shwarma platter and Tangienne cafe is great for 2 people.

You can order a kids meal via room service though....kids meals are plenty big enough for the average adult.

Our family is one who splits meals when possible. So we may order 3 or 4 adult meals and share. Here's our go to CS in each park.

MK- Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills, Harbour House
EP- Sunshine Seasons,
AK- Flame Tree, Satuli,
Disney Springs- Wolfgang Puck Express,

We split meals too. Agree with all of these places. We also like Harambe Market at AK, and the Mexican and Moroccan QS at Epcot.

DHS has a QS void - we usually end up at ABC or Backlot but only out of necessity.

M.K. Pecos Bills and
Electric Umbrella in Epcot Center
We have always felt we get a good meal at a typical vacation price.
Certainly a million times better value than some of the insanely expensive sit down restaurants.
Also, If you pay OOP or even using Dining plan. You can share meals, no reason not to if someone isn't that hungry.

We will share and munch throughout the day, its hot who really wants to have a big heavy meal in the afternoon.

Epcot - We will either split loaded nachos in Mexico or Fish & Chips in England. Sunshine Seasons is usually pretty good, lots of choices.
Via Napoli, is definitely good and shareable, only pizza I will eat in Disney.

AK - Satuli or we will order the fried rice and egg rolls at Yak & Yeti quick service.

DHS - Backlot for something quick maybe share chicken nuggets and fries.

MK - Will split something here, used to do Columbia Harbour House, but everyone else has figured that out too!!! Also depending on how much time you have, its worth a monorail trip to the Contemporary or Poly for their quick services.

DS - We will split Daily Poutine as a munchie. Polite Pig is good. I dont go to Blaze as we have multiple at home, but if we didnt not a bad option. Same with the D-luxe burger, lots of burger joints near me, but it looks good from what i have seen.

Some times smaller meals to share and munch as you go is not a bad option, especially in the heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter