Best place to watch MK fireworks w/o ticket?

bymorris

Go Blue Devils!
Hey Everybody,

I’m heading to Disney with the family on Sunday Jan. 20th. Super pumped.

Quick Question: We’re staying at Pop Century. We have park tickets everyday EXCEPT on Monday January 21st. We were going to spend the day at Disney Spring and check out some other resorts. I would like to watch the fireworks that night with the kids. Any suggestions on where to watch w/o a park ticket?

I think I heard the observation deck of California Grill was a good spot. Any other suggestions?

For ambience, our favorite non-park fireworks spot is the beach at the Polynesian. It's such and lovely resort and the view is excellent.

Fourth floor of the Contemporary has the music pumped in to the outside deck.

If well planned, riding the ferry from TTC to MK is also a fun place to watch (no park entry required). You can also then take the monorail around to go back (getting two free "rides" if you are into that).

Ferry & monorail do require going thru a security screening.

The best view is from near the boat dock at the TTC. It's basically the same view as the one from the beach at the Poly, but the audio is much better.

I don't care for the views from the contemporary or the grand Floridian.

Hey Everybody,

I’m heading to Disney with the family on Sunday Jan. 20th. Super pumped.

Quick Question: We’re staying at Pop Century. We have park tickets everyday EXCEPT on Monday January 21st. We were going to spend the day at Disney Spring and check out some other resorts. I would like to watch the fireworks that night with the kids. Any suggestions on where to watch w/o a park ticket?

I think I heard the observation deck of California Grill was a good spot. Any other suggestions?

---------------------------------
From the WDW Maps Sticky Post at the top of this Forum:

Magic Kingdom Fireworks Viewing from Outside the Magic Kingdom

The new "Happily Ever After" evening spectacular at MK
features many projections on the front facade of Cinderella Castle
in addition to the many fireworks in the show. Since those projections
will not be seen from viewing locations outside the MK park, seeing the
"full effect" of "Happily Ever After" will dictate viewing the show at least once
from a good vantage point inside MK, on Main Street, preferably in or near the Hub.

The MK party fireworks shows "HalloWishes" and "Holiday Wishes" do not rely on seeing much imagery projected on the Castle, so they can be enjoyed more fully from locations outside and farther away from the MK park.

The Beach at the Polynesian Resort offers a great view
of the FIREWORKS portions of the MK Fireworks spectaculars.
However, the area with the most direct and centered MK view is now much smaller than it used to be due to the construction of the DVC on-the-water rooms.
That specific small area might be restricted to Poly guests on evenings like New Year's Eve, July 3rd and 4th, and possibly other of the most crowded of fireworks "event nights."

They do "pipe in" the audio of the shows, but most nights it is nearly inaudible on the Poly beach.

Poly-TTC-Basic-Walk-Fwx_122118_zpsubqli7yv.jpg

Here's a photo I took from the Poly Beach-

MK Fireworks (MVMCP Christmas Finale)
Poly-Beach-Firewx-Cln.jpg

Also, for a "drink and viewing" from the Poly there is Trader Sam's Grog Grotto (HERE.)

-----------------------------

More Viewing Spots-

You can see the MK fireworks shows very well from the TTC
(and they pipe-in clear, crisp audio from the show.)
Note: you are not allowed to stand directly in the actual Ferry loading area.

TTC-Fwx-CU_011517_zpskraqffi4.jpg

You can see the MK fireworks from the boat-dock and an outside
observation deck near Narcoossee's restaurant at the Grand Floridian.
There is rumored to be an upcoming paid "Wishes Dessert Party" that will be held on that boat dock.
The Narcoossee's Deck shown is now reserved only for guests of the restaurant.

Good viewing from the Gasparilla Grill Patio overlooking the Marina.
The sound of the show is piped into these areas too.

GF-FW-Narcoo-BE_072708.jpg

----------------------------
At the Contemporary, there is viewing on an outdoor
observation area on the 4th floor.
The California Grill observation areas are reserved for patrons that day of the Grill or Bar.
(The audio of the fireworks show is also piped in to these locations.)

MK-CR-BE-Deck-S_090308.gif

MK-CR-Sat-Fwx-Deck_112312.gif

(Fireworks shown above are simulated.)

At Wilderness Lodge, the "secret place" to watch the MK fireworks is from the northern area of the Cast Member (CM) Parking Lot.

WL-N_CM-Lot_091809.gif

At the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds Marina (angle shown on the map below,) some of the view (especially of the "Fantasyland" pyro)
is blocked by the now unused Discovery Island in Bay Lake and by the high-rise buildings of the Contemporary Resort.
But, the view from the Ft. Wilderness' sand beach (farther north) is more open.
Still the tree-level can block the views of the lower-firing pyro.

Here are the angles of the views in the Bay Lake area.

MK-Bay-Fwx-Views_012913_zps8f10ed57.jpg

Below are the angles of the views in the Seven Seas Lagoon area.

MK-7Seas-Resorts-Fwx_012913_zps84390ca0.jpg

----------------------------------

As for viewing the MK fireworks from INSIDE the dining area of restaurants (you need ADRs, and most are usually busy during the shows)...
you can see (and hear) them at California Grill at Contemporary,
'Ohana at the Poly, at Trader Sam's and Trader Sam's outdoor patio at the Poly, Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian,
and (if you have access there) the Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower.

I have reservations at CG for 7:45 in anticipation of seeing HAE show - Will we not be able to see the full affect of the show on the catwalk?

I have reservations at CG for 7:45 in anticipation of seeing HAE show - Will we not be able to see the full affect of the show on the catwalk?

You can’t see the castle projection element of the show from CG, but in my opinion HEA is still a great fireworks show and I consider the out-of-park viewing experience from places like CG, Poly, etc to be quality entertainment.

Don’t get me wrong, being in the Hub in front of the Castle is arguably the best option for the ‘full’ experience, but I enjoy watching from CG as well.

No. As @GADisneyDad14 stated you can NOT see the projections outside of the MK. The projections are an integral part of HEA. I is still a great fireworks show, just not the full HEA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter