Best place to rent Watermice ???

thetbaum

Earning My Ears
We are going in July and had a question about the 2 person little watermice boats that you can rent. A couple of years ago we rented them at Wilderness Lodge and they were pretty fast. Then last year we rented from Downtown Disney and they seemed pretty slow.

Where is the best place to rent the water mice ??

Also, where can you find the faster watermice (my 10 year old thought they were too slow last time) ??

Just subscribing - I'm also interested in the answer to this question.

personally i think your right about the watermice at WL. i stayed there a few years back and they were a blast. ive since been staying at a few other dvc resorts and they just dont seem to have the kick that the ones WL did:confused3

We prefer the Poly and GF--love the view of MK from the lake! And they are fast!!!

Ya I agree, last year I got ours from DTD and it was pretty slow though I loved seeing the old treehouses mixed in the over growth.

I wouldn't rent at DTD because the area you can roam is a bit limited. If you rent at any of the MK hotels (including WL & FW) you can go all over Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake.

I agree with you saying it is limited but like i said you do get to see part of wdw that is now history!

The DTD watermice are turned down because of limited space so they are going to be slower for safety reasons. If you go to the Co, GF or the Poly they will be faster because of the open lake. Also, a little tip, if you have the Disney Dining card you get free valet parking at these resorts (any deluxe) which is very nice when trying to find parking. And you also get 20% off the rental of the watercraft. A word of advice don't rent the jetski's because you are limited to a small place in the back of the lake, not much fun to just go in circles and they are expensive. You can rent the mice for about 3 times as long as you can a jetski.

Bobby

How difficult are these things to operate (for someone with no boating experience:confused: )?

My son loves them, even though he is to young (10) to drive them. They are just like driving a go kart, very easy and very fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter