Best place to eat at Busch Gardens?

busy mom

Mouseketeer
Any recommendations? We are visiting in Aprill so I am not sure if A/C will be a factor so indoor/outdoor suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I had no complaints with any food selections at Busch Gardens Africa. The food is worlds above most theme park fare, and it's better than any counter service restaurant at Walt Disney World.

The Crown Colony House has two restaurants, one is counter service and the other is table service. Both offer the option of air-conditioning. The table service choice offers a spectacular view of the Serenghetti Plain and the animals from indoors, but the counter service restaurant requires you to sit out on the patio to enjoy the same view (indoor seating is air-conditioned but without the great view).

The Desert Grill is entirely indoors with a varied menu and a large stage and daily shows.

Zambia Smokehouse has indoor and outdoor seating and terrific bbq choices.

Zagora Cafe has outdoor seating or covered seating under a large patio roof, but it's exposed to the outdoors, so I don't imagine it's air-conditioned.

There is also a small pizza restaurant at the Hospitality House with outdoor patio seating (mostly shaded), and there are several smaller food stands throughout the park.

If Jungala is open when you visit, there will be more food options there, but I can't comment on those.

I would eat where there is food you like or an atmosphere you like, and I would try them all like we did. The food across the park is very good, and it's hard to go wrong.

Consider Crown Colony House for full-service, sit down meal. . . and it overlooks the Serengeti Plain.

Desert Grill is counter service and has air conditioning. The Zambia Smokehouse has good BBQ.

Busch has mostly counter service restaurants,but the food quality is SO much better than you'll find at most counter service places at Disney or Universal,the Enchanted Oak over at Islands of Adventure is probably the next best counter service behind the Busch parks.My favorite place at Busch Gardens Tampa is the Desert Grille,good quality food,great desserts and you can watch a show.

Consider Crown Colony House for full-service, sit down meal. . . and it overlooks the Serengeti Plain.

Desert Grill is counter service and has air conditioning. The Zambia Smokehouse has good BBQ.

In agree with this statement... Though you did forget the seasonal show at Desert Grill as another plus.

Love Crown Colony Restaurant on the 3rd floor of the building, descent steak.

also Desert grill has a rotating special for the month... January was sheapards pie(sp?)

We ate at the Crown counter service restaurant before we did the Serengeti Safari tour; we had gotten soaked in a downpour and didn't want to bring our soaking wet selves to the sit-down restaurant. The portions were HUGE, so we slip a club sandwich, and each got a dessert. Very fresh, very good quality. It was cool the day we were there, but we still ate outside so we could dry off!

We ate at Zambia Smokehouse in Sept. 07. I don't remember what we had, specifically, but it was pretty good. The only difficulty we had, and it was minor, is that I knew from going to SW many times that you can get the Kid's meals without the cute little thingy it comes in and pay less for the meal. I told the employee at the counter and she said that the cashier would take care of it and gave me the food in the pumpkin shaped box. Then the cashier said the girl at the counter should have taken care of it, and put it in a paper dish. She handled it, but said it was the counter girls mistake.

Oh, and one more thing, I left my camera hanging on my chair and the employee keeping the room and tables clean caught up to my DM and gave it to her! Very considerate of him! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter