Best place for a massage?

PAFamily

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
I'd like to suprise my hubby with a massage during our stay, any advice on which resort is the best to book? Thanks

We just returned from the World. On Monday, my husband and I has the "Grand Romantic Evening" at the Grand Floridian Spa. Here is the description - "A couple's escape into total relaxation in our intimate candlelit couples room. Share your massage experience with your loved one, as each of you receive a custom aromatherapy massage using essential oils for the maximum benefit of body, mind and spirt relaxation."

It really wasn't a romantic "evening" as we had the massage at 9:00 a.m., and it wasn't really all that romantic either. The "candlelit couples room" is really two rooms that can be divided by a curtain for use as individual rooms, and I don't remember seeing any candles. There was a nice warm sun lamp type light that made the room warm and cozy.

Anyway - Details - We checked in about 15 minutes before our appointment and were taken to the separate women's and men's facilities where they had fruit, water, tea and coffee; lockers, robes and slippers; sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, showers and bathrooms.

We were instructed to get comfortable, relax and wait for our massage therapists. I wanted to use the jacuzzi before my massage, but it was not working so I just skipped it. At 9:00, my therapist, Bonnie, came and got me and we went into the massage room where we were given our choice of 5 or 6 different massage oils. We couldn't use the once called "Romance" because my husband's masseuse was allergic to it. I settled on Lavender and I think my husband had some lemon scented oil. My massage was very well done. I get them regularly and feel that for a therapist not familiar with me, Bonnie did a very nice job. It was my husband's first massage, so he had nothing to compare it with, but he certainly enjoyed it.

We scheduled the 50 minute message ($250 for both) so we were done by 9:50 a.m. There is also an option for an 80 minute massage that obviously costs more. After our massage was over, we were allowed to use the spa facilities. Since the women's jaccuzi was still non-functional, I opted for a few minutes in the steam room. My husband used the jacuzzi before and after his massage and said it was great!

I'm not sure if I would spend the money for this again. This was our 20th wedding anniversary trip so it was worth the splurge, but it's about twice what I pay at home! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Becky

It never matters where we get the massage..more importantly is who is doing it.

Ashleyrm, I hear what you are saying. I was planning on surprising my DW when we go for our 15th wedding anniversary with the couples massage @ GF but was informed that we could not really be in the same room, use the jacuzzi together or the sauna. I do not see much point in doing the "couples" thing if we will not be able to be together. I am looking for something else to surprise her with and I am running out of time.:(

Do you have to be a guest of the resort to get a massage at that resort or is it reserved for guests of that resort?

Can we be staying at POFQ and go to GF for a massage?

PAFamily, here is the link for the spa's at Disney World, www.relaxedyet.com . Only the GF and Saratoga Springs have full service spa's, but there are other locations that have a limited selection, which does include massages. My DH is a healthclub snob and he loves the GF. I treated him to his first massage last January while we were there. It's true that they're not really set up for couples though. They have separate lounges with private sauna, steam and hot tubs. DH thoroughly enjoyed his swedish massage and he thought the techncian was great. I had a facial while he was having the massage and when he came out, he was glowing and totally relaxed.

Disneybiggdogg, romance is a little tough to find at Disney. For some reason, they keep letting all those kids in :teeth: Maybe you could arrange to have the technicians come to your resort room for the massage??

Can we be staying at POFQ and go to GF for a massage?
Absolutely. You don't even have to be staying on-site to book a spa treatment. The only exception is the healthclub. If you are staying at that particular resort, it's now free of charge. For anyone else, they need to pay for the day.

Tammi

I say one of the Spa's probably...I don't think it's wise asking the guy named Vinny at the bar or Spud's who hangs out in the jacuzzi...No, I'd stick with the Spa.;)
pirate:

I got one in August at Boardwalk's Muscles and Bustles(sp?) and had to wait a while because I believe the same masseuses that work for the spas also travel around to the deluxe resorts with gyms. But it was worth the wait. My masseuse was great! Stephanie was her name, I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter