Best park for boys 6 & 8, under 48"

LeslieG

DIS Veteran
We'll be in So. Ca in December. Trying to decide on one, maybe two parks to visit. Legoland, Universal, DL, Knotts Berry, Seaworld, etc. What would you recommend for my boys' ages? Thanks.

We are planning a trip in August and have 2 kids DS6 and DD8. We have pretty much decided on DL and Legoland. DL because the kids have been to WDW many times and are excited to see DL version. Legoland because it seems like our kids are a good age to go there. We also looked at Knotts Berry Farm, but it seemed DS6 couldn't go on many rides there. We are going to Sea World Orlando in just over a week, so we are passing on SW San Diego, although that is a great place to go. What we did was go through all the rides and checked the height requirement and saw how many they could actually do, and made our decision from there. Good luck in your planning!!:)

I think you will enjoy Legoland also, Knotts is so run down and dirty my boys like it but I find it kinds gross after being at beautiful DL. Legoland we made for kids , so they won't feel so left out from not being able to do or even wanting to go on the huge coasters.

Disneyland, Legoland and a third if possible, SeaWorld!! :cool1:

DL is the best! Plenty to do with your kids. Legoland is perfect for the 6 to 8 crowd. Seaworld is just our favorite place. Love the interaction with the animals and the shows!

Have fun. :dance3:

I agree with going to Legoland.

My almost 11 son is looking forward to going again this summer.
Lots to do for those of younger ages (under teen years).
I love the grounds and flowers and Miniland. Well I love all of it.
SeaWorld is great too and WAP.
Can't wait we're going in August.

The question should be re-phrased:

"Along with DL, which is certainly the favorite for all 6 & 8 y/o, what other park might we visit?" :lmao:

hound :thumbsup2

I would either go to DL and Disney Cali- one day at each park, or Seaworld and the Zoo. It takes too long to drive from Anaheim to San Diego (IMO) so I'd stay in one city or the other. I havent been to Legoland, but from what Ive seen/heard its really not that exciting, and not worth the price to get in. So unless your boys are particularly obsessed with legos, I'd skip it. Knottsberry is definitely not worth the drive or price....I would do three days at DL over Knottsberry.

We'll be in So. Ca in December. Trying to decide on one, maybe two parks to visit. Legoland, Universal, DL, Knotts Berry, Seaworld, etc. What would you recommend for my boys' ages? Thanks.

I'd say DL and Sea World. I think Legoland is too young for your kids, and perhaps Universal too old. KB farm is an option, but I think Sea World would have the most that they both would enjoy.

LEGOLAND!!! Hands down. Until you've been, you have no idea how fascinated your kids will be. It's located in North San Diego County so it's not as far as SD proper. Your sons are the perfect ages. I know kids who enjoy it well into their teens.

:thumbsup2

We just returned from a southern California vacation :thumbsup2 We spent 3 1/2 days in Disneyland and California Adventure, 1 day in Legoland and 1 day at Sea World and several days at the beach and down time. My 3 & 9 year old granddaughters LOVED Disneyland - said OK to California Adventure - REALLY ENJOYED LEGOLAND - and LOVED Sea World. :banana: Lots of rides in Disneyland & California Adventure that the 3 year old could not go on - just a couple of rides in Legoland she couldn't go on and there were no rides at Sea World that she could ride but she loved Shamu's Happy Harbor so we played there while the big girls rode the big girl rides. So I guess you need to decide if atmosphere is what you want or rides and a good time. :confused3 I agree Universal Studios is for the big guys. Legoland is for everyone from 3 - 12 or so with family activities (fire drill, sky rider, etc.) to kid's (Volvo driving school). :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter