Best option for 3 adults, 3 kids or 4 adults 3 kids

zaz

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I am looking to organize my sister's first trip to Disney since being an adult. She is going with her 2 sons, ans my mom to help as her kids are very hyper. I might join them with my youngest daughter ( hubby and teenager staying at home). The kids will be 5, 6 and 8. Going at the end of May 2013. Considerongnthe Soring savings, what do you ink would be out best options? We could either all stay in the same room, or me and my daughter separate from the other 4. Other possible scenario? My dad might join them... So that would be 4 adults and 3 kids. What would be best formthat? Thank you!!

Hi all,

I am looking to organize my sister's first trip to Disney since being an adult. She is going with her 2 sons, ans my mom to help as her kids are very hyper. I might join them with my youngest daughter ( hubby and teenager staying at home). The kids will be 5, 6 and 8. Going at the end of May 2013. Considerongnthe Soring savings, what do you ink would be out best options? We could either all stay in the same room, or me and my daughter separate from the other 4. Other possible scenario? My dad might join them... So that would be 4 adults and 3 kids. What would be best formthat? Thank you!!

Can you give us an idea of your budget and what you are looking for in a resort? Do you want convenience, certain themes or save as much money as possible? Your options will range from 2 or 3 regular rooms or 2 bedroom villas with the 4 adult, 3 child scenario, to 2 rooms, a villa or family suite with the 3 adult, 3 child scenario.

I think convienience first, then price, then theming.

Thank you!

The really difficult part is not knowing if you will be a party of 6 or 7. There are lots of options for 6. Not so much for 7.

2 value rooms would be the least expensive for 7. You could request that they be connecting (or only adjoining if you'd want more privacy). 2 value rooms could sleep up to 8 people.

Then there are the ASMu family suites. More expensive and they will only sleep 6. AoA suites are more expensive.

If you all want to be together (7) in a suite, then I'd look at renting a DVC villa. I'm not sure if a 2 bedroom villa will legally sleep 7. I'm sure someone else can tell you.

Or you could look at an offsite condo rental.

Thank you!! When i look online, it seems that the Asm suite is chaeper when i look at a full package with dining plan that 2 separate rooms. am i missing something? I think that I do like the connecting rooms options. That's something I hadn't thought about.

the suite would be less expensive. But you can only sleep 6.

2 rooms is a little more, but is the cheapest option to sleep 7.

Thank you!! When i look online, it seems that the Asm suite is chaeper when i look at a full package with dining plan that 2 separate rooms. am i missing something? I think that I do like the connecting rooms options. That's something I hadn't thought about.

Sometimes a family suite is cheaper than 2 rooms. It depends on the time of year, and on if you want a preferred room location or not.

Keep in mind that while you can request connecting rooms you won't know if you have them until check in. They are not guaranteed.

If you think you may have 7 people you will need to book 2 rooms.

So, a few things got confirmed. We are 7. I am thinking me in a room with my DD5. My parents, sister and kids in the ASMu suite. New issue though: it seems that the 'standard' ASMu rooms are now all booked at the 15 % price. I have heard that if staying in the Mighty Ducks section of the ASMo, I would be very close to the ASMu suite section. Would it be doable you think and not too difficult to coordinate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter