Best nighttime show or extra ticketed activity for a 3.5yo?

msrika

Earning My Ears
Taking my 3.5yo to Disney for his second trip. Last time he was too little to stay up for fireworks/fantasmic/rivers of light. I would like to try to do one this trip. Any one of them better in general or better for a preschooler?

I'm also thinking about doing a special ticketed even like a dessert party or nonpark character meal. Any recommendations?

I would say Happily Ever After. Maybe do a fireworks dessert party for that if you are interested. Fantasmic is excellent too, and would be my second choice. It does have the tendency to scare some small children though so tread carefully. Rivers of Light would be at the bottom of the list, it's pretty, but I can't imagine most three year olds would be terribly impressed.

Skip Fantasmic, unless you are sure you little one doesn't mind explosive noises very close by. It is not so wonderful that having your child cower or whimpering in your lap is worth it.

I would recommend HEA, and booking the Tomorrowland Terrace party. The food is so-so but sitting in a controlled area, with a covering overhead is pretty awesome. The view is lovely and HEA starts "gently" with the castle show. It is amazing, we can see it well enough from the Terrace, we felt the noise was even dampened a bit.

Other features we liked best - once checked in, and your table is allocated, you can leave and come back just before the show! You are close to a bathroom, always good with little ones and grandparents. You can walk around and stretch your legs, have a treat and come back to your own spot. Definitely the most civilized way to watch the beautiful show.

FEA Dessert party is better in terms of food and drink but being on the edge of the lagoon may be a bit intense for a sensitive child. Also, in the event of any precipitation, that party is moved indoors. With HEA, you are assured the party is right where you want it to be.

Funnily, in contrast to OP, Fantasmic is the only one my little one liked. All the disney characters are very recognizable for him and held his interest. It is nice to have a seat with a proper view instead of being pressed in by the crowds at HEA, and rivers of light was just too boring for him to sit through (and frankly mommy felt the same about it).

We did the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise. It was far enough away that the sounds weren't bad for the fireworks. It started with a dessert/snack party and you got to meet some fun characters! It was also amazing for my husband and I to watch the fireworks from the lagoon. Our 4 year old LOVED it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter