Best mode of transport from Windsor Hills to MK?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by TraceyPoppins, Jan 10, 2017.

1. TraceyPoppins

TraceyPoppins Indubitably

Hi everyone! We are staying off property for the first time in March. We're staying at Windsor Ridge and will have a rental car. I've heard you can Uber to to the Contemps and either monorail or walk to the MK entrance? Is this possible and quicker than driving to the TTC? Thanks!

2. 100AcreWood

100AcreWood DIS Veteran

I can't imagine how this would work but I'll be curious to see what others say!

Honestly for us, there are two negatives to staying offsite - TTC and making FP+ at 30 days out. Those still don't outweigh the overwhelming benefits to us for staying offsite though.

3. BigredNole

BigredNole DIS Veteran

Yes, you can Uber to be dropped off at any resort. It is easy I suppose. I would venture to say all Uber drivers there know what it takes to get through the gate to drop you off (most likely they have FL passes). I prefer to drive myself and our APs cover our parking. Parking at MK or TTC is of no issue for us. However, the saving of $1,000s on a room is very important to us.

4. pepperandchips

pepperandchips [melinda]

It is easy to Uber to the Contemporary - Uber drivers don't need Florida passes, they just tell the security CM they are dropping off guests and may need to show a photo ID. If you Uber to the Contemporary just ask your driver to drop you off in the parking lot that's to your left as you are at the security Shack thing. (It's part of the Bay Lake Tower lot). It saves you a few steps rather than dropping off at the front of the resort, and your driver can easily turn around. MK is the only park I think it's worth Ubering to since it does save you a tram and ferry or monorail ride. Especially helpful mid morning when the ferry and monorail have long waits.