Best meal of our trip? TRex

T-Rex and Rainforest are a must do for us every trip.

I was also incredibly pleasantly surprised with Coral Reef given all the bad reviews.

We ate at Chef Mickey's, LTT, Via Napoli, BOG, TRex, Le Cellier, Flying Fish and plenty of CS.

The best meal out of all of them as far as food quality, taste, and service was TRex. It was our first time there and all 9 of us agreed it was the best meal of the week.

I was surprised, in a good way! :laughing:
That is crazy! I have read such mixed reviews on this spot, either love it or hate it. This is our first trip to Disney, and I was thinking of trying it out with my son, 4. Good to know it is great...but not sure how I feel about it being better than our 2points pp dinner at BOG.

That is crazy! I have read such mixed reviews on this spot, either love it or hate it. This is our first trip to Disney, and I was thinking of trying it out with my son, 4. Good to know it is great...but not sure how I feel about it being better than our 2points pp dinner at BOG.
With a 4 year son I would 100% choose T-Rex over BOG for theming (unless he loves the beast). We brought my son there when he was 3 and 4 and he loved it both times. They have a little bone dig there too and they loved looking at the dinosaurs.

That's just your opinion. I work at a hospital and no way is Trex on the same level. Lol. Tony's? Yes, thats more like hospital food. But not Trex. :teeth:

Yuppers, you know what the T in TRex stands for .....TERRIBLE....................:crazy2:

Yuppers, you know what the T in TRex stands for .....TERRIBLE....................:crazy2:
All kidding aside, we enjoy Trex very much and never had a bad meal there in all my years dining at TRex.

We get it, you don't like TRex. This thread isn't about you. It is about my dining experiences at WDW.
Well said!
Could you elaborate on the issues at FF that left you disappointed? Many of us have had excellent experiences there and are concerned over reports of issues. Thanks
@MarkinNM I believe this comment was directed at you. And i totally agree...some insight would be helpful. What did you eat there? Also, im curious to know which restaurants YOU think is amazing.

Could you elaborate on the issues at FF that left you disappointed? Many of us have had excellent experiences there and are concerned over reports of issues. Thanks

Hopefully OP won't mind me posting a response to this here, since she made it clear this is "her" thread of dining experiences. :duck:I had a negative experience at Flying Fish due to an bad service and food. I had to send back my food because the scallops were inedible (way too salty). The 2nd set of scallops I got was just as salty, but I didn't bother to complain again. I just didn't eat my meal. Our server had a bad attitude and provided poor service. We have never returned, simply because there are too many other restaurants to eat at either to try or re-experience having a quality experience. To be fair that was almost 4 years ago.

@MarkinNM I laughed at your T= terrible joke, even though I don't agree. I thought you were being funny.

OP, as for T-Rex, while I don't consider it to be the best food at WDW, my family has eaten there several times and always have an enjoyable experience because of the atmosphere. The food has always been fine... I would put it on par with Chillis. The last time there was a service mishap with a dish not being made and my dh sitting for a long time w/o food. We didn't complain. Mngt came to our table more than once to apologize and even offered free dessert, which we declined as we had plans for sundaes at Ghiradelli. They handled it well so it didn't make us upset. I always like to get the T-Rex Quesadilla. What did you guys end up getting? I don't think we are going to take the kids there this next trip, simply because there are so many new Disney Springs restaurants to try.

Re the topic at hand - I am not a HUGE Landry's fan - I like Bubba Gump and tolerate RFC. However, we were BLOWN away by our meals at Yak and Yeti last year - like you, top of the list. That list included a lot of other top-notch WDW restaurants.

Yak and Yeti surprised us all to become a new family favorite too! We actually ate there twice last trip. Loved those cream cheese wontons!

Haven't tried TRex but impressed by this review. And have heard consistently decent things about the place .My kids are teens now but we may give it a whirl one day.

Goodness, been there, done that and NEVER again, it was so loud, poor service, cafeteria style food..........but this is the same at any of the "laundry's" brand............

I've eaten at several Landry's branded restaurants and have found most reasonably quiet, including an actual Landry's on Mother's Day.

One of our favorite Landry's at WDW is Yak & Yeti, which is much quieter that their dinosaur and jungle counterparts on property.
Then T-Rex, followed by Rain Forest. Yak & Yeti for food, the latter two for kids entertainment.

When our kids were younger, I could understand loving T-Rex over the other restaurants.
As adults only going to WDW, the food at T-Rex is not close to what Flying Fish or Le Cellier or many other restaurants offer. I have read negative reviews at Flying Fish and Le Cellier, but we have had nothing but great meals and service at both.

@MarkinNM I laughed at your T= terrible joke, even though I don't agree. I thought you were being funny.

You get it, but some get all bent, it is a joke, dining and food is SO subjective, for me, when we went to TerribleRex, it was with the kids, it was ok, just not my idea of fun when just adults go out to eat, VERY, VERY LOUD, subpar food, nonexistent service but that is ANY Laundry's.....anyhow enough of that....

As far as places I have eaten in Disney, Narcoossee's was pretty good, good service great atmosphere, but this was our first Disney meal so will have to go back and see if it stands up to that first visit, Sci-Fi was also good, and quite......Boma, Chef's de France, come to mind that I can remember, going back this August and will hit some of those again and will try some new BUT...can say will NOT be going to ANY Laundry's........just not my cup of tea, glad some like it there......enjoy!!!

We've eaten at T-Rex 3 times. 5 of us have ordered a variety of different meals each time and in all honesty, we have never had a bad meal between us. Each time the food has been delicious and we've had nothing but good service. In saying that my favourite restaurant has been California Grill. But that hasn't made us like T-Rex any less.

Hopefully OP won't mind me posting a response to this here, since she made it clear this is "her" thread of dining experiences. :duck:I had a negative experience at Flying Fish due to an bad service and food. I had to send back my food because the scallops were inedible (way too salty). The 2nd set of scallops I got was just as salty, but I didn't bother to complain again. I just didn't eat my meal. Our server had a bad attitude and provided poor service. We have never returned, simply because there are too many other restaurants to eat at either to try or re-experience having a quality experience. To be fair that was almost 4 years ago.

OP, as for T-Rex, while I don't consider it to be the best food at WDW, my family has eaten there several times and always have an enjoyable experience because of the atmosphere. The food has always been fine... I would put it on par with Chillis. The last time there was a service mishap with a dish not being made and my dh sitting for a long time w/o food. We didn't complain. Mngt came to our table more than once to apologize and even offered free dessert, which we declined as we had plans for sundaes at Ghiradelli. They handled it well so it didn't make us upset. I always like to get the T-Rex Quesadilla. What did you guys end up getting? I don't think we are going to take the kids there this next trip, simply because there are so many new Disney Springs restaurants to try.
I'm sorry to read this about FF. However this was before the renovation based on your time line. And you know the only thing we can count on with Disney dining. The only thing consistent is the inconsistency. I hope you and your family try it again on one of your trips.

We were pleasantly surprised by our meal at T-Rex, the food was significantly better than I was expecting and the atmosphere was fun. But to put it above FF...that's interesting.

T Rex and Rain Forest are in our top 10 favorites for value. And yes I have been to Le Cellier, Cinderella'sRoyal Table, Be O(ver rated)ur Guest and so many others.

I don't have any complaints on the food or experience at T-Rex, but for us, its too chain restaurant-like. We'd rather do something that's unique to Disney. T-Rex is essentially the same as Rainforest Café (just a different theme), and they're owned by the same company. Perhaps we're spoiled because we have two Rainforest Cafes within a 20 minute drive of us in NY, but we'd just rather dine at a place we can't experience anywhere other than Disney.

Being from a quiet area in the UK we don’t have any restaurants like T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe so they are both really enjoyed when we visit Disneyworld with our grandchildren. When we visit as a couple we don’t as we try different places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter