Best Marriott Vacation Club near Disney World

MandAmommy

Mouseketeer
We normally stay at Bonnet Creek, but they don't have any availability for our dates. We have reservations at the Residence Inn, but a friend of mine is there now and says that it is really showing some wear since the last time we were there. SO, my question is...I am looking at the vacation properties and have a few questions.

1. Which would you stay at if you could choose any of them? We need a 2 or 3 bedroom.
2. How long does it take to get to the Disney parks from the one you picked?
3. Are there any timeshare sales pitches or anything to deal with if we book through Marriott directly.
Thanks so much!

There are seven Marriott timeshare resorts in Orlando.

The closest to Disney are the three that share the Marriott World Center property - Sabal Palms, Royal Palms and Imperial Palm Villas. These are the oldest of the seven. SB and RP are two bedroom resorts, IP is an all three bedroom resort. These three share facilities and amenities. They're about 7 miles from the Magic Kingdom parking area - about a 12 minute drive.

Cypress Harbour and Harbour Lake are across the street from one another and about 10 miles/18 minutes from MK parking. Cypress Harbour is my favorite of the Marriotts that I've stayed at.

Grande Vista is about 11 miles/ 20 minutes from MK parking. A mix of two and three bedroom villas, some with lock-offs to make them into one or two bedroom units plus a studio.

Lakeshore Reserve is the newest but furthest from Disney. Also a mix of one, two and three bedroom villas, it's about 13 miles from MK parking probably a little over a 20 minute drive. This is one I haven't stayed at yet but I want to. This one would be my personal choice because I haven't been there yet if the right sized villa were available.

However, I'd be happy with any of them other than Harbour Lake (not quite as nice as the others and geared at young families). I'd probably think differently about HL if we had young children.

There's no timeshare presentation requirement if you book through marriott.com but they'll ask you to attend one. Just politely say no and they'll leave you alone.

Dick Taylor

Last edited:
I have stayed at Harbour Lake, Cypress Harbour, and Grande Vista. I would also stay at Cypress Harbour, it was just really nice. The pools were all great and overall it was just well laid out and pleasant. Harbour Lake is great if you have kids under 10 but otherwise it would be pretty miserable because the whole resort is planned around a pirate water park theme for kids. Grande Vista was poorly laid out and just seemed like a retirement home-type place. Lots of cranky retired people complaining about anybody under 30.

We stay at Grand Vista. Love it there. We book "get-a-ways" through interval. Never been asked to attend anything.

Transportation- I was so concerned loosing Disney transportation. But it is so fast and easy drive! And with all the money we are not spending on a small room we sometimes treat ourselves to a taxi. We take it to a hotel by a park, have breakfast then enjoy the day. Go back to a hotel at night, have a drink and catch a cab.

I have stayed at royal palms, harbour lake and cypress harbour.

I agree with pretty much everything detailor said. For a Disney-focused trip, I would stick with the palms resorts - they really are very close. royal palms has been updated in the last couple of years and is in great shape even though the palms are older resorts in general.

lakeshore reserve sounds amazing but it is a relatively long way from the parks. cypress harbour was first rate, but for me, it felt a long way from wdw compared to the palms resorts - it's preferable for me not to have to get on I-4. (but if you want to do more resort activities, cypress harbour is highly recommended.)

harbour lake has some kiddie stuff like a pirate ship at the pool that makes it fun for little ones.

(while Marriott typically does a great job with their timeshares (and I have stayed in many of them), I would not rule out Sheraton Vistana Resort - it's right around the corner from the Marriott palms resorts and is a great location super close to wdw, with relatively recently refurbished villas that are very nice. there is a lot of information up in the offsite reviews forum if you are interested.)

We have stayed at Cypress Harbor and Harbour Lake. Loved Cypress Harbor, not thrilled with Harbour Lake. Like previous have mentioned, CH was very nicely laid out, nice selection of pools (quiet / fun). HL was too loud. And we had a 3 year old LOL. We were happy we didn't have a room facing the pool because yikes!

Based on my experience, Detailor's information is spot on.

We stayed at Harbour Lake three times last year and loved it. My kids are 8 and 11 and enjoyed the pool areas, activities, and the opportunity to meet and play with the other children. They had a tiki bar by the pool, so I was good to go too. As others have noted, it is definitely geared to families with younger children.

We stayed at Sabal Palms several years ago and enjoyed it as well. It was a good 2-bedroom space. We had access via a very short walk to the Marriott World facilities, plus Sabal Palms has its own quiet pool which we often had to ourselves in the evening.

We also stayed at Grande Vista. The room was great, the facilities were also nice (we made good use of the little playgrounds), but it does seem a little spread out. I'm sure you could request a room that minimized this feeling if you took some time to look at reviews.

Like Detailor, we have not stayed at Lakeshore Reserve, but I plan to check it out soon. I've heard very good things about it.

I always reserve through Marriott.com and have never been hassled to buy a timeshare. I've seen some good specials if you are in their rewards program. I've also used specials that include resort credits, which often make it a great value.

Thank each of you SO much! You have been a great help! I think we will go with one of the "palms" (leaning towards Sabal)....Now to decide which one!! :thumbsup2

We stayed at the Sabal Palms in May and loved it! Clean, spacious units, wonderful pool and beautiful grounds. Plus the World Center pools and waterslides, which you can use as a resort guest. We are planning our trip for next year, and if we don't need a 3 bedroom unit we will definitely be staying at the Sabal Palms again.
The Sabal has a King suite, with huge glass block shower. The second bedroom has one twin bed and one double with adjoining full bathroom, and there's a sofa pullout, so you could fit 6 people easily.
We were never asked to attend a time share presentation.
I would say it took us about 5 minutes or so to get to Epcot, if that gives you an idea of how close you are.

We stayed at the Sabal Palms in May and loved it! Clean, spacious units, wonderful pool and beautiful grounds. Plus the World Center pools and waterslides, which you can use as a resort guest. We are planning our trip for next year, and if we don't need a 3 bedroom unit we will definitely be staying at the Sabal Palms again.
The Sabal has a King suite, with huge glass block shower. The second bedroom has one twin bed and one double with adjoining full bathroom, and there's a sofa pullout, so you could fit 6 people easily.
We were never asked to attend a time share presentation.
I would say it took us about 5 minutes or so to get to Epcot, if that gives you an idea of how close you are.

This is awesome. Thanks so much! One thing I had read, complaint wise, was that the light from the shower (??) made the bedroom bight while people were trying to sleep. I am assuming sunlight is what they meant. Did you notice that at all? or was this person just being overly picky? Thanks!

The light from the shower area didn't wake me up. I don't know if our unit was in an area where the rising sun didn't shine in the shower area, or if I'm just too exhausted from a Disney vacation to wake up easily, LOL! I never woke up until the alarm went off and the sun was already up. I did take a nap two afternoons and the light wasn't enough to keep me up at that time either. I guess, as with all things, it comes down to personal preference. For me, it wasn't an issue.
HTH!

We stayed at one of The Palms for spring break this year had a 2 bedroom. It was recently remodeled and was great. It was no more then 5 minutes to the Disney resort line depending on the light to get out of the Marriott. It was quiet and staff was very friendly. They will take you over to the big Marriott for the big pool with 3 waterslides and kids play area in a golf cart anytime you want to go. The pool at the palms was a nice size regular pool, more relaxing then the main pool at the hotel.
We stayed at Grand Vista 2 years ago and got a room way in back on the golf coarse with no pool near by, it was awful.
For WDW stick with Palms, for Sea World area stick with the Marriott's over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter