Best Marriott/Starwood Hotel near Disney?

sandam1

DIS Veteran
I am planning on being in Orlando for the Disney Marathon weekend in January. As much of my budget is going to be eaten up with race registration fees, I would like to try to use some of my Marriott points for at a free night (or maybe two). The other nights I will be paying out of pocket.

I'm looking for:

- Probably some sort of suite set-up (with kitchenette at least)
- A NICE pool area (very important!) - lazy river is a bonus point
- Relatively close to Disney
- Reasonable price (~$150 max per night)

Suggestions?

Can you provide your specific dates and the number of people in your party? If you do that, I'll gladly look at the current options (and factor in using points for a night or two).

Also, will you be parking a car? Are you planning no using hotel shuttles to/from the theme parks?

I stayed at the TownePlace suites at Flamingo Crossing and it was very nice. There is a SpringHill Suites next door, but the rates seem to be the same for both places. They have Mickey waffles in the morning on the free breakfast buffet. Very close to the Coronado Springs side of property.

Stayed at these and they are close to WDW:

Orlando Center Marriott - fantastic pool and grotto
SpringHill Suites at the Marriott Village - no frills
Marriott's Grande Vista - there for a business trip/meetings so can't comment on pool

Can you provide your specific dates and the number of people in your party? If you do that, I'll gladly look at the current options (and factor in using points for a night or two).

Also, will you be parking a car? Are you planning no using hotel shuttles to/from the theme parks?

My current thought is to arrive on Wednesday, 1/9 and leave on Sunday, 1/13 and there will be two adults. We will definitely be renting a car although I'm not including parking fees in my "price per night" equation as I figure that I would have to pay for it just about anywhere (including staying on-site).

Looks like you're not going to be able to get all desired attributes. That's going to be a very busy weekend and the hotels know it. Virtually all the "nicer" places are well over $200/night.

The cheapest option that includes a kitchenette and resort-style pool that is reasonably close to Disney World is Marriott's Harbour Lake:
Official website: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcoho-marriotts-harbour-lake/

I'm seeing a guest room with 1 king bed and balcony for $175/night (Marriott Rewards Member rate that allows cancelations/modifications if done 3 days prior to arrival). Point redemptions for that hotel start at 40,000/night. The bonus is that this property does not charge for parking. So, it might still fit into your budget.

-----

With the Marriott/Starwood merger, you may want to consider Starwood properties. The cheapest Starwood option that includes a kitchenette and resort-style pool that is reasonably close to Disney World is the Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort I-Drive:
Official website: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=5607

They have a one-bedroom villa with a king bed for $162/night (Family Fun rate includes $10/night resort credit that allows cancelations/modifications if done 3 days prior to arrival). Point redemptions for that hotel start at 10,000 Starpoints/night. (Three Marriott Rewards Points can be transfers to become 1 Starpoint, making the redemption here the equivalent of 30,000 Marriott Reward Points/night.) This hotel also offers free parking.

Marriott's Grande Vista - there for a business trip/meetings so can't comment on pool
I second this suggestion. I haven't stayed there but my cousins did and they liked it. It looked pretty nice and seemed to have what you're looking for. I haven't priced it for your specific weekend but other ranges I've looked at it, seemed to be around $110 per night.

I second this suggestion. I haven't stayed there but my cousins did and they liked it. It looked pretty nice and seemed to have what you're looking for. I haven't priced it for your specific weekend but other ranges I've looked at it, seemed to be around $110 per night.

For the dates provided, Marriott's Grande Vista is $250/night for a cancelable/changeable reservation.

(It's $200/night with non-refundable. But, I would highly discourage anyone from booking a non-refundable hotel seven months in advance.)

For the dates provided, Marriott's Grande Vista is $250/night for a cancelable/changeable reservation.

(It's $200/night with non-refundable. But, I would highly discourage anyone from booking a non-refundable hotel seven months in advance.)
Yikes, I hadn't seen it that high before!

The Marriott world center wins for me. Nice hotel, awesome pool and good location. I stayed a few times at grand vista. last time was a resent as last summer, its nice but as not as "cool" as the world center and the world center is closer to Disney.

The Marriott world center wins for me. Nice hotel, awesome pool and good location. I stayed a few times at grand vista. last time was a resent as last summer, its nice but as not as "cool" as the world center and the world center is closer to Disney.

I agree with all this, but the Marriott World Center tends to cost a lot more than the Grande Vista.

I agree with all this, but the Marriott World Center tends to cost a lot more than the Grande Vista.

I wasn't joking when I said this will be a busy weekend for hotels. For the dates provided, the Marriott World Center is $283/night plus $25/night resort fee.

Don’t forget one of the swolphin properties is Starwood.

The Walt Disney World Dolphin is $274/night plus $32/night resort fee. The Walt Disney World Swan is $290/night plus $32/night resort fee.

Yeah, it looks like a fancy hotel under $150 per night may not be available for that date range. May have to compromise on either amenities or price.

Yeah, it looks like a fancy hotel under $150 per night may not be available for that date range. May have to compromise on either amenities or price.

Is distance a negotiating point? I've stayed at the Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside and think this pool is an absolute gem. In addition, there is a small lake next to the pool, has a small boardwalk and is very relaxing (even with the air traffic).

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and the discussion! It's definitely given me some ideas. And keep it coming!

Yes, the price is negotiable (to some extent). I would probably go up to $ 200+, give or take, depending on the fees. With the location, I would like to be within 15-20 minutes of Disney.

I stayed at TownePlace Suites Flamingo Crossing. There is a full kitchen, I didn't use the pool. Looks like it's $175 for your dates. Free parking, easy access to parks, free breakfast. Not fancy at all

Just a quick update - since a Disney hotel is completely out of the question (the prices for what is available are outrageous!), I'm back to my original plan. I'm leaning towards one of the Vistana properties if I can find a good deal - IF we wind up spending out time at Disney. I started playing with numbers (never a good thing) and have started considering either a Universal based trip (where we would definitely stay on-site) or Discovery Cove/Seaworld. Any thoughts on the Marriott/Starwood properties near Seaworld?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter