Best Kennel for a CAT in / near DisneyWorld

meme51

I LOVE PIGLET!
On our Disney trip this December, we are taking the cat. She is an indoor only cat and I was wondering what kennel to put her in. I really don't want her in a cage all day, but I guess that's my only option. It would be nice to visit her in an indoor area where she can move about, stretch her legs. It's not like we can take her outside and walk her like a dog. I have never used a kennel before so ANY tips would be appreciated!! My first preference would be on property, but something outside the park might work-if it's close. Thanks for your help!!!

We take our boys (Poms) to the TTC Kennel....they are super clean, friendly staff, nice big cages and you can (and are REQUIRED) to visit your furbabies 2x a day....and it is right there are the trans center, so it is very convienent. there are benches inside and nice areas outside to visit with your baby. :) i HIGHLY recommend the TTC kennel. Ask for a cage on the top row so kitty wont be scared by all the dogs. If you have any more questions, just PM me....my boys have been there 6 times! :cloud9:

We take our boys (Poms) to the TTC Kennel....they are super clean, friendly staff, nice big cages and you can (and are REQUIRED) to visit your furbabies 2x a day....and it is right there are the trans center, so it is very convienent. there are benches inside and nice areas outside to visit with your baby. :) i HIGHLY recommend the TTC kennel. Ask for a cage on the top row so kitty wont be scared by all the dogs. If you have any more questions, just PM me....my boys have been there 6 times! :cloud9:

Thanks for the tip!

Would anyone like to comment on what the best Disney Kennel is? Keep in mind this is for a cat-I am looking for roomy cages, and an indoor area she can walk around in. Thanks!!

I used to take my cat to Absolute heaven up on Rt50 & Kirkman, but I found out 1 1.2 weeks ago that they are closed. I leave for DL on Saturday, so I had to find a replacement kennel on short notice. best Friends has taken over all (I beleive) WDW kennels, so i went over to Ft Wilderness to check that one out. That is the one they took over 1st - about 6 weeks ago. The cat room was a decent size and I think it had about 9 2 story kennels (meaning there is a "shelf" in the back of the cage). The cage was the size of a large carrier - when i was telling my dad about it I referenced his weimeriner's cage (which she no longer uses, lol). There is a 13" TV with DVD player for the animals to watch disney movies (although if you have a dvd for your pet, i am sure they would play it - the one I have is a VHS tape, so Cedric is SOL). They are let out to play for a period, and the room does have a door on it, so they cannot excape. I drop him off Friday night and he will stay until the following Thursday. I will try to remember to give a "review" when i return. :)

y not just stay off site at a hotel that allows pets, im sure shed be more happy having a whole room to roam in. You can always pack a disposable litter box

sorry it took me awhile to get this up. I picked up Cedric (see avitar at left) as scheduled on 2/28 at Best Friends over at Ft wilderness. they gave me a report card and a comment card to fill out (which I still need to do). I would give them 2 thumbs up. He was the only cat during his stay, so he was allowed out a bit more often, and had more cuddle time, I guess. This company had recently taken over the kennels at WDW (they have finally gotten them all) so I am hoping that they might have more in the cat room the next time Cedric needs to be boarded. A floor to ceiling cat condo would be nice (that is what my old kennel - which I still have not heard from, used to have). The people there are super nice and very helpful. i would recomend this to any guest with a pet.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter