BEST insurance

Tonyspad

Disney or Bust for us!
I am about to switch our reservation over to Costco and currently have Disney insurance. I know that Costco will want me to switch to their insurance company, BUT I want the best coverage. I am not concerned about saving a few $$, but cutting back on the coverage is not an option. On our third cruise (02/04)my son fell at Atlantis and cracked his two front teeth. I never even thought of trying to put a claim in for the repairs. But after reading all of the posts lately about other insurance needs I probably could have gotten some money back.

I want the best coverage-- Which policy should I choose????

I haven't had to make a claim, but the last time I used Access America (it seems that this is who Disney uses, but it wasn't as much directly through them.) This time I'm going with Travelsafe, only because they seem to offer the same types of things plus they do offer "cancel for any reason" if you buy the insurance within a certain window. I'm doing this due to a possible job opening. It is more expensive than the other insurance, though. Of course, I would only get about 75% of the cruise cost back in this type of situation, but it's better than options through other agencies. I even had to call and talk to their customer service once and they were super friendly and helpful! :thumbsup2

BTW, I found Travelsafe through www.squaremouth.com

The reason that I liked them versus insuremytrip.com, is what they say about the companies that they recommend:

We work on your behalf. If any one of our clients has a complaint against an insurance carrier that cannot be resolved to our satisfaction, we will remove the carrier from our site and no longer sell its products.

You shouldn't have to change to Costco's insurance when you transfer the reservation. If you do cancel the DCL policy, you may not get your money back - depending on how long ago you booked the cruise.

There is no one "BEST" policy....everyone's needs and variables are different so what is best for one may not be best for you.

Best is to look over several and see what works BEST for your situation. Disney uses Access America (which you can cheaper with the same coverage if you book on your own...not with DCL). We booked them on our own for a cruise and glad we did....a hurricane delayed our cruise for two days and we incurred 3 nights hotel stay (had to cancel our prenight at PC as they evacuated the area), all extra meals during the delay and extra rental car days. Wound up staying at the Poly for 3 nights (if I was riding out a hurricane I wanted it to be at WDW).

Access America reimbursed us 90% of what we laid out. I had a check within 2 weeks of submitting my claim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter