Best handicapped room experience

Lou-Ann

DIS Veteran
I would really appreciate it if some of you would be kind enough to share where you have had good experiences with handicapped accessable rooms. I think my preference would be moderate at this time but I would welcome any and all stories. Thanks so much. :sunny:

The Coronado Springs!!

The room was spacious and easy for a wheelchair to get around in. But best of it, the roll-in shower ROCKED!

CS is the newest of the moderates. Handicapped rooms were built with ada guidelines. :earsgirl:

:wave2: I believe.

Great room at Coronado Springs but I found the food court very frustrating.

Coronado Springs "hands down". In fact, the other moderates are not accessible at all to me with my special needs. Coronado bathrooms have a sliding door and plenty of space in the bathroom for transfers. For a deluxe, it's Animal Kingdom Lodge that's been the best for the same reason. Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk Inn, and Wilderness Lodge are no longer ones where I can stay either due to their layouts. Some of it depends on what your needs are. Kathy

Talking Hands said:
Great room at Coronado Springs but I found the food court very frustrating.
How come?? Speaking from a wheelchair user, it was fine to me.

Things weren't clearly labelled as the what was available. The omlet area was inaccessible. Things were difficult to reach from my power wheelchair. Just not a good set up as far as I was concerned. Although they were willing to get things for me, how did I know what I wanted when I couldn't see what was at each station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter