Best Guess When VGF2 Will Go On Sale

Paul Stupin

New DVC Member
Am hoping before Christmas. Am thinking Disney would want to take advantage of the holiday crowds. If DVC members are given first shot, how much earlier, prior to sales to the general public, does this occur? What‘s your best guess?

Am hoping before Christmas. Am thinking Disney would want to take advantage of the holiday crowds. If DVC members are given first shot, how much earlier, prior to sales to the general public, does this occur? What‘s your best guess?
Not projected to open until Summer 2022, so sales might start Spring 2022 or so. Historically, existing members have gotten an early opportunity to purchase at new resorts. It's possible that sales will open to existing VGF members first, followed by owners at other resorts and then everyone.

That's going to be a tough one because VGF2 will be joining VGF's condo association. That hasn't been done at a sold-out resort before. The treehouse villas were added to SSR but the addition occurred before SSR sold out.

So the question would become: Can DVD sell points at a sold-out resort without also declaring additional rooms into inventory? And without the VGF2 studios being completed, how would that work? I don't have an answer. I'm just throwing the question out there for consideration.

Can DVD sell points at a sold-out resort without also declaring additional rooms into inventory? And without the VGF2 studios being completed, how would that work?
They would need to declare inventory before sales. They can do that before the rooms are finished as most resorts have gone on sale before construction was completed.

They would need to declare inventory before sales. They can do that before the rooms are finished as most resorts have gone on sale before construction was completed.
The problem, however, is that VGF2 will be part of the VGF condo association. Can they declare rooms into inventory at an existing resort when those rooms don't exist? When the treehouses were added, there were still unsold points in the original SSR condo association. It just worked out as the addition of the treehouses only expanded the number of unsold points/undeclared villas. That's not the case with VGF. The number of unsold points would increase but the actual inventory would not increase until VGF2 opens.

So, let's suppose that VGF2 were to go on sale in December but buyers can only get August 2022 or later UYs. My question is: Since VGF is an existing resort, could those new owners borrow into the 2021 UY and book a July 2022 reservation? That would be dumping points into the DVC system without a concurrent increase in inventory.

The problem, however, is that VGF2 will be part of the VGF condo association. Can they declare rooms into inventory at an existing resort when those rooms don't exist?
Once they execute the ground lease for the building, the rooms technically exist. I'm sure DVD is already working on all the legal documents necessary to add the rooms to the condo association. The conversion from hotel to DVC rooms will be well underway when sales start. So they should have a good idea as to when rooms will be ready for occupancy

Last edited:
So the question would become: Can DVD sell points at a sold-out resort without also declaring additional rooms into inventory?
Can they declare rooms into inventory at an existing resort when those rooms don't exist?
No, they can't do that. Only after the new rooms are delayed into inventory can they be sold.

The problem, however, is that VGF2 will be part of the VGF condo association. Can they declare rooms into inventory at an existing resort when those rooms don't exist? When the treehouses were added, there were still unsold points in the original SSR condo association. It just worked out as the addition of the treehouses only expanded the number of unsold points/undeclared villas. That's not the case with VGF. The number of unsold points would increase but the actual inventory would not increase until VGF2 opens.

So, let's suppose that VGF2 were to go on sale in December but buyers can only get August 2022 or later UYs. My question is: Since VGF is an existing resort, could those new owners borrow into the 2021 UY and book a July 2022 reservation? That would be dumping points into the DVC system without a concurrent increase in inventory.

I think that when sales start they will have an open date and have d3clared the rooms.

However, I think the difference is going to be that since these are going To the same association, owners will be able to use the points elsewhere prior to the rooms actually being open since the resort, VGF1 is open.

It would be similar to when VGC was closed longer than WDW resorts. Those owners could still trade even though their rooms were unavailable

I’m assuming that they wouldn’t limit the available UYs. I’ve steadfastly stuck to March and don’t plan on adding any other.

I’m assuming that they wouldn’t limit the available UYs. I’ve steadfastly stuck to March and don’t plan on adding any other.
You could probably purchase a March UY but if VGF2 doesn't open until later in the spring, you might not get 2022 points. That happened when RIV went on sale. All UYs except February got 2019 points even though the resort didn't open until December 2019.

I have a Dec UY, so even if they go on sale in Dec of 2021 I’m guessing I would not get points till Dec 22. I was hoping that they would go on sale right in November and I could get some 21 points they would bank for me.

My guess would be it will be for sale in early spring. I would also think that contracts sold prior to opening would not be able to use until it opens. Just like other resorts, even though this one is a little different.

I would also think that contracts sold prior to opening would not be able to use until it opens. Just like other resorts, even though this one is a little different.
Agree. DVD could just hold back loading the new points until the new villas were ready for occupancy and declared into the condominium. As long as this was disclosed to the purchaser, I don't see a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter