Best/Favorite time to cruise?

Buzz2001

CSR MAN!!
What is the best time of year to go on a cruise? We went in November a few years back and had a great time. The weather was perfect except for the last afternoon of our day at Castaway Cay. How is April? Any hints appreciated!

We love January. Gets us out of the cold New England winters and 80 degree days are worth it. My vote is January.

Another vote here for January. I'm dying to try a Christmas cruise though.

Any time the kids are in school and away from holidays. We have done two in January and one post Labour Day in Alaska and had great weather. The ports can tend to get a bit warmer in the summer months.

May is the best time, not too hot and not chance of hurricances. Most kids are in school busy studying for finals, so parent less inclined to take them out of school

We love December before Christmas. The rates are cheaper and the ship is decorated for the holidays with some special holiday activities. We have always had great weather and are going again this December!

December or January. Great Days. December (early) the ship is decorated for Christmas with special activities. January not as crowded. Beautiful weather and warmer than 10-30 degrees both months. Our next cruise that we are going on is 1/13/07 Magic. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: party:

I think some of it depends on how you like the water.

We went in February once (and only once) and it was hot as heck out. 90+, but the water was like ICE :sad2: :eek: DF (who is the cheapest Irishman ever) paid for the cc snorkeling, stuck a toe in the water and said "no way". This man was a life guard for many years and in the Navy (and just paid good money). We went to St. Maarten and St. Thomas this same trip. Ran in the water to our knees, took a picture and got out.

Not refreshing--just freezing. We went once in September and it was PERFECT :banana: The water was just right.

My favorite time is September (because it's cheapest).

Acctually, my favorite time is mid to late October because things are not cold, but weather has usually turned a little cooler.

Early May is best to me. It is not too humid or hot yet. Spring breaks are over and Summer vacations haven't started yet. Prices are low. Hurricane season hasn't started yet.

TheWog said:
We love January. Gets us out of the cold New England winters and 80 degree days are worth it. My vote is January.

Hey we use to live in Nashua! I like cruising in January too, although I only have cruised once on NCL in January but I thought the weather was great!

FLmomof2 said:
Hey we use to live in Nashua! I like cruising in January too, although I only have cruised once on NCL in January but I thought the weather was great!

So you know why we love January, as you are a New Englander at heart. Nashua is great, been here over 30 years. Depending on when you left, it has changed quite a bit in the last few years.

We just returned from the April 22-29 Western and I have to say, this time of year was awesome for cruising! The ship was not sold out. The weather was PERFECT for all 12 days of our Orlando/DCL vacation - not a drop of rain. Definitely would give this time of year 5 stars! :thumbsup2

We just did the April 15-22 cruise this year and had PERFECT weather. There were no rough days at sea. The ocean was like glass. We had a great time, but our next cruise is going to be in Nov. so I am excited to see what kind of weather that will be.

Our favorite cruise time is late April or early-mid May - prices are good and weather & seas are usually great.

We've cruised in January several times too. Great prices, good seas and great for taking island tours. Water's a bit too cold for my liking though.

We've cruise in September-October twice. Both times seas were rough and we missed a port. :sad2: Never again! No matter how cheap! (Alaska is the only exception).

We just got back from our Land/Sea yesterday and the weather was amazing!! We couldn't have asked for better weather. The water at CC was not what I would call warm, but very comfortable once you got in it. The parks weren't overly crowded, and the ship didn't seem crowded either. It was a perfect time to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter