Best Events/ Special Events for solo’s?

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
Hi,

What are the best events for a solo traveller to try and travel to WDW or Universal for do you think (ie - food and wine festival etc) ? I come from the Uk so does anyone have any suggestions on best events to travel out too for a week or so?

georgina

DIS Veteran
Hi,

What are the best events for a solo traveller to try and travel to WDW or Universal for do you think (ie - food and wine festival etc) ? I come from the Uk so does anyone have any suggestions on best events to travel out too for a week or so?
That's a hard question. I think you should pick based on time of year you want to travel, weather, other factors. I have done a lot of solo things and enjoyed them all. Food & Wine, Halloween & Christmas parties, Festival of the Arts, Flower & Garden, they are all fun. Lots of special tours - Keys to the Kingdom, Wild Africa Trek are 2 I have done.

Universal is nice in Dec too, with Christmas parades and concerts, Mardi Gras parade and food in Feb-April. They have Halloween Horror nights which are not my thing.

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
That's a hard question. I think you should pick based on time of year you want to travel, weather, other factors. I have done a lot of solo things and enjoyed them all. Food & Wine, Halloween & Christmas parties, Festival of the Arts, Flower & Garden, they are all fun. Lots of special tours - Keys to the Kingdom, Wild Africa Trek are 2 I have done.

Universal is nice in Dec too, with Christmas parades and concerts, Mardi Gras parade and food in Feb-April. They have Halloween Horror nights which are not my thing.

What are the Christmas parties? I would never of thought of doing Christmas parties solo? How where they solo, I thought you might get lonely at Christmas parties when everyone’s celebrating Christmas with friends and family?

I suppose I don’t want to travel all the way from the Uk and be lonely all the time for a week or so so join some events or tours

• georgina

DIS Veteran
    The parties are basically after hours, special ticketed events at Magic Kingdom. They have special parades, shows, and fireworks. Most rides are open, so it is similar to the usual park day but with extras. Special character meets like the 7 dwarfs. It's not like a small party.

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
    The parties are basically after hours, special ticketed events at Magic Kingdom. They have special parades, shows, and fireworks. Most rides are open, so it is similar to the usual park day but with extras. Special character meets like the 7 dwarfs. It's not like a small party.
    Oh I know the parties you mean I was confused. They look like fun

Alicefan

We're all mad here
    I would go to the food & wine fest and a Christmas or Halloween party for sure. For me hands down it's the Christmas party. Me and a girlfriend will be there Dec 5 and 6th. Come go with us! We're doing the party and a day at Islands of Adventure! We're super Harry Potter dorks lol.

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
    I would go to the food & wine fest and a Christmas or Halloween party for sure. For me hands down it's the Christmas party. Me and a girlfriend will be there Dec 5 and 6th. Come go with us! We're doing the party and a day at Islands of Adventure! We're super Harry Potter dorks lol.
    Food and wine looks fun. I might not be able to make Christmas at this time with my job. It’s always hard to get November and December off. Thanks for the invite offer though very kind

• MusicalAstronaut

DIS Veteran
    I actually think Food & Wine is hard as a solo, because when you have a group you can try a lot more. When I've gone solo to F&W I can have about 2 snacks and a drink and then I'm full. I did the Highway in the Sky Dine Around solo and I thought that was a blast! It's designed to feed each person individually so you get to eat & drink everything without ending up overstuffed, and it's just a really fun event overall.

Cramden

DIS Veteran
    I was thinking of doing Highway in the Sky solo next month. Was it all couples or were there other solos or non couples at the event. I'm not bashful by any means but it might be more comfortable if there were some other non couples there.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News