Best Epcot restaurant for a diabetic

disneyfreak1

<font color="blue">Willing to tag for tickets</fon
My friend just found out he's a diabetic and will be traveling with us to Epcot for my birthday. He is on a sugar-free diet. Which restaurant would be best for him?

Any of the restaurants can accomdate special dietary requests. Sugar free is not a big deal. I don't eat the sugar free desserts because the artifical sweetener doesn't agree with me but I understand all restaurants have them available.

Maybe LeCellier or Coral Reef? That way he can get a protein and vegetable. I'd probably avoid Tutto Italia. It may be hard for him not to want carb heavy pasta dishes. Although at LeCelier he may have a hard time keeping his hands out of the breadsticks.

I have Type 2 diabetes and have no problems in any of the restaurants.

You might suggest to him that he get on DisBoards and go to the disABILITIES Forum and look at the "disABILITIES FAQ", especially page 3 in the sections related both to diet and diabetes.

However, I would suggest skipping the Fountainview Ice Cream Parlor.

Teppan Edo is a great choice. My DH is type 2 and we enjoy this restaurant because it is veggies and your choice of protein for the stir fry. Just avoid ordering the tempura and don't eat the rice. Everything is so fresh.

Any restaurant can be suitable for your friend. Make sure you note on your ADR that he is diabetic and the chef will come out and talk to you about his choices and what can be done for him.
Be aware that sugar free.. especially in desserts.. does not mean it does not have carbs. Sugar free means that no refined sugar has been added but art. sweeteners can be used and fruit juice concentrates can also be used. Many " sugar free" items have just as many carbs as the regular items.

I'm a type 2 also and WDW is great for my diet. I just watch what I eat which is normal. I always lose weight when I am at Disney, it's all the walking

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter