Best DVC STUDIO for Five

Another vote for VGF - you have a split bath with 2 sinks (one being in the kitchenette) and 2 showers (one being a stall, the other is a tub. Still only 1 toilet though. I think it's a more efficient use of floor space than the Poly baths. Try a YouTube walkthrough.

I know some studios have 2 toilets but for those who stay at the older resorts, how do you manage the 1 bathroom with 5 people? I've been considering breaking up my family since there's no availabilty in a 2 bedroom but I think 5 adults ( in a 1 bedroom), and 1 bathroom would be a struggle.

BLT! My other home resort - has 2 separate, full baths in a 1br, and a sofa bed and sleeper chair in the LR. Kidani does as well, but we love the BLT setup.

I know some studios have 2 toilets but for those who stay at the older resorts, how do you manage the 1 bathroom with 5 people? I've been considering breaking up my family since there's no availabilty in a 2 bedroom but I think 5 adults ( in a 1 bedroom), and 1 bathroom would be a struggle.

Are you concerned about toilets or showers or mirrors/sinks...? All of it?

Never done 5 in a studio or a 1 bedroom but with 4 in a standard hotel room we do:

1) at least 1 sink must be outside of bathroom or we don't stay there
2) divide and conquer: usua!ly at least 1 of us showers at night - often 2 of us
3) my DH is an extreme early riser and enjoys going to get coffee and sit outside somewhere every morning. He's a smoker and very social. He makes "friends" and enjoys this. So, he uses the toilet in the hotel lobby of wherever and basically stays out of the room and out of our way until we are ready. Then he comes up, showers and is ready to go in all of about12 minutes.

I noticed at BWV the studios would be easier than our regular hotel room stays. 2 sinks outside the bathroom and there was a huge mirror next to the bed that my daughter chose to Use every morning even if no one was at the bathroom sink. So there, using an assembly line, you could have 1 person toilet and shower, move to sink to brush teeth as person 2 gets toilet/shower, move to bedroom mirror to finish as person 2 gets out of shower and #3 goes in, etc etc The extra sink is nice if someone needs to "jump the line for the toilet" and can wash hands without getting in the way when others are already getting ready, etc.

Also, we come prepared. We pack our clothes as complete outfits in large zip lock bags. This makes grabbing an out fit, bringing it into the bathrrom, using the bag to put dirty clothes back in, etc a time and space saver.

For us, it only adds a little bit of time to our mornings vs if we have 2 bathrooms.

We stayed in 2 studios as 5 people at BWV and my room had 3. We were never in each other's way. Ever. Not gonna lie....5 would be pretty rough just to move around but not as bad for us because DH leaves the room. I think the most important thing is everyone has to realize and be respectful of everyone else s time and space. My DH is the only one that would struggle trying to stay out of our way and he knows it So he leaves lol. I don't know...guess we're lucky that way?!

Last edited:
My kids are young (3, 5, and 7) so sharing one bathroom has never been an issue. Weve stayed at BCV several times and they have the sinks separate from the toilet/showering area. I'd say the grounds are more important to us than the ACTUAL ROOMS. We're from the West Coast, so POLY really doesn't really excite us as we go to Hawaii for that look ;) I'd be open to BWV as the location is still great to Epcot. I LOVE the look of VGF but we aren't big Magic Kingdom people so I wonder if it would lose it's excitement in that regard??

My kids are young (3, 5, and 7) so sharing one bathroom has never been an issue. Weve stayed at BCV several times and they have the sinks separate from the toilet/showering area. I'd say the grounds are more important to us than the ACTUAL ROOMS. We're from the West Coast, so POLY really doesn't really excite us as we go to Hawaii for that look ;) I'd be open to BWV as the location is still great to Epcot. I LOVE the look of VGF but we aren't big Magic Kingdom people so I wonder if it would lose it's excitement in that regard??

If you stayed at BWV would you stare longingly across the lake at Stormalong Bay while walking to the creepy clown pool? what about Boulder Ridge? Has anyone given you the run down on those yet?

Are you concerned about toilets or showers or mirrors/sinks...? All of it?

Never done 5 in a studio or a 1 bedroom but with 4 in a standard hotel room we do:

1) at least 1 sink must be outside of bathroom or we don't stay there
2) divide and conquer: usua!ly at least 1 of us showers at night - often 2 of us
3) my DH is an extreme early riser and enjoys going to get coffee and sit outside somewhere every morning. He's a smoker and very social. He makes "friends" and enjoys this. So, he uses the toilet in the hotel lobby of wherever and basically stays out of the room and out of our way until we are ready. Then he comes up, showers and is ready to go in all of about12 minutes.

I noticed at BWV the studios would be easier than our regular hotel room stays. 2 sinks outside the bathroom and there was a huge mirror next to the bed that my daughter chose to Use every morning even if no one was at the bathroom sink. So there, using an assembly line, you could have 1 person toilet and shower, move to sink to brush teeth as person 2 gets toilet/shower, move to bedroom mirror to finish as person 2 gets out of shower and #3 goes in, etc etc The extra sink is nice if someone needs to "jump the line for the toilet" and can wash hands without getting in the way when others are already getting ready, etc.

Also, we come prepared. We pack our clothes as complete outfits in large zip lock bags. This makes grabbing an out fit, bringing it into the bathrrom, using the bag to put dirty clothes back in, etc a time and space saver.

For us, it only adds a little bit of time to our mornings vs if we have 2 bathrooms.

We stayed in 2 studios as 5 people at BWV and my room had 3. We were never in each other's way. Ever. Not gonna lie....5 would be pretty rough just to move around but not as bad for us because DH leaves the room. I think the most important thing is everyone has to realize and be respectful of everyone else s time and space. My DH is the only one that would struggle trying to stay out of our way and he knows it So he leaves lol. I don't know...guess we're lucky that way?!
My concern is mostly toilets!

I think BWV has a slightly better location because of DHS but similar enough to BCV. We are not pool people though. Unless you love SAB so much that you'd really miss it (you're not getting that anywhere else) BWV isn't going to be all that different but maybe enough to feel like you tried!

Our trips typically consist of about 1.5 days at both Epcot and DHS, 1 day at MK and 1 day split between AK and DS. BWV worked well for us.

If we're staying 6 days we also have a resort day. 4 days of no busses and could still walk to mini-golf for a little bit of an "activity"!

I do feel like dining options are a bit better in MK area unless you have park hoppers and are ok with entering Epcot to open up your options.

if we stay 7 we do an extra day at MK and are considering doing split stays - adding a MK resort for longer stays .

There are NO studios that have 2 toilets. VGF has a split bath that has 2 showers (one is a tub/shower and the other a walk in shower), 1 sink and 1 toilet. PVB has 2 bathing rooms - 1 has a toilet, tub/shower and a sink. The other bathing room there has a shower and a sink. But none have 2 toilets. You have to go up to a 1 BR for that and it will only be BLT or AKV - Kidani for 2 toilets in a 1BR.

It can be an issue. No doubt about it! But there's always the lobby if you're desparate!

DH and I grew up in 1 bathroom households. Our 1st home (moved from when our kids were little) had only 1 bathroom.

But I hear ya! We have 3 bathrooms for 4 of us now and are adding a 4th in the basement.

Okay, I think I'm decided on BWV's. I may even try for a one bedroom as I hear five is acceptable in those if they sure a bed/bedding. The points difference compared to Beach Club is pretty significant too but offers me the closest thing to BCV. Thanks, all!

Okay, I think I'm decided on BWV's. I may even try for a one bedroom as I hear five is acceptable in those if they sure a bed/bedding. The points difference compared to Beach Club is pretty significant too but offers me the closest thing to BCV. Thanks, all!

To be clear - both BWV and BCV 1BR's allow you to book 5 over the age of 3 but they only have a queen bed and a sleeper sofa. There is no 5th sleeping spot if you can't put 3 in one of the "beds". Or #5 goes on the floor. Or you bring a bed for them. And the bedding of course.

If putting 5ppl into a room I personally think a studio that has the accommodations for 5 or else going to a 1BR that also actually accommodates 5 with beds is the way to go.

Unless you have one or two adults and the rest small children, I'd never do five in a studio. Just too small. Studios were never meant for five people.

I have 5 my family and the DVC studio options are Beach Club,
Boardwalk, GF, Poly, and BRV. We love Poly for the space and multiple bathrooms.

My kids are all under 8. They’re use to sharing a queen bed We stayed in a studio last time and the five of us shared two beds (it didn’t have the extra pull out.)

To be clear - both BWV and BCV 1BR's allow you to book 5 over the age of 3 but they only have a queen bed and a sleeper sofa. There is no 5th sleeping spot if you can't put 3 in one of the "beds". Or #5 goes on the floor. Or you bring a bed for them. And the bedding of course.

If putting 5ppl into a room I personally think a studio that has the accommodations for 5 or else going to a 1BR that also actually accommodates 5 with beds is the way to go.
Very helpful

Agree - we have a 3yo who would NOT like to sleep in a crib. At 2 she was already fighting it. We have a now 7 and 3 yo, and have stayed the 4 of us in studios at BCV and VGF, and we prefer VGF for the efficient use of space, the bathrooms and the resort overall. The kids' water play area at VGF was better for the kids our age, because even though our 7yo could go down the big slide at stormalong bay, we had to split up since the toddler had to be much farther away in the shallow area. At VGF, the waterslide pool has a zero entry area, and is right next to the shallow water play area that our 7yo still likes.

With 5 people I'd also say Poly. Two showers, it also has better storage for your clothing. BCV studio has very little storage, but a few weirdly shaped drawers and drawers in the coffee table, but you've stayed there, you already know that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter