• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Disney Dining Plan Breakfast food?

SaberJ

Mouseketeer
For our trip in 2012, we are going to start hitting up more breakfast options. So I'm trying to get an idea of the best food that's out there for Breakfast. The only requirement is that it be a Disney Dining plan option, because we are leaning that way. So no Swan or Dolphin, or anything like that, please.

The one breakfast we did last year was 'Ohana, and it was one of our favorite meals of the trip. The only reason we booked it was because we love Lilo and Stitch. But we came away so pleased with the food, that it will definitely be going on the schedule again this next trip.

I'm also leaning toward Kona, Tusker House, and Crystal Palace, but I'd love to hear some arguments for why those places are so good. Just keep in mind, it's the food we want to hear about, not necessarily the characters or anything like that. Those don't matter one way or the other, ultimately. Good food trumps all. :banana:

As far as best breakfast food I personally think you are right on track with Kona and Tusker House. Those are my top two choices. We have tried various breakfast places since my DH loves that meal and those are hands down my favorites. I know others enjoy Crystal Palace but I personally do not find that the food quality rises to the level of the other two.

We have not done Ohana, but want to. That being said our personal favorite is Chef Mickey's. It has an excellent buffet and the kids had a blast with the party atmosphere. It is also cool to eat breakfast and have the monorail pass by.

Kouzzina and The Wave have good breakfasts. Kona is always a favorite as well. I want to try the Grand Floridian Cafe and the Captain's Grill for breakfast.

Kona, Boma, Cape May

Kona is top notch, great! Cape May is excellent and they have a warn bread pudding with vanilla sauce that taste like a gooey cinnamon roll, Amazing!!! Boma has a nice offering with a very nice hash, there eggs and carved meats are delicious, and you can have there great coffee and juice... These are my families must do....:wizard: very magical indeed...

My favorite is 1900 Park Fare. Let me make a suggestion though- if you are paying completely full price for the dining plan (basic dining plan) you might not make up what you paid for the dining plan, especially the non buffet. Chef Mickeys you would though. I would suggest paying out of pockets for breakfasts. If you are doing the deluxe you will be fine =)

I'm not really much of a breakfast person but Kona is by far my favorite. Love the tonga toast.

:wizard: We just got back from our trip and we thought Crystal Palace had the best breakfast. We tried The Wave and while it wasn't bad I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to go there. I think for a non-buffet breakfast you can't beat Kona and our favorite CS breakfast was at WPE in the Marketplace. In the past we've tried and loved Boma but it's kind of out of the way for early in the morning. We had dinner at 1900 Park Fare and were very disappointed in the food.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. It will definitely help when it comes time to decide.

One question. If we didn't like Boma for dinner, will we have a problem with their breakfast?

we've never tried Boma due to location. My rankings on the other choices: 1900pf, tusker (good selection), ohana (lot of food), Kona (it has been a while since eating at Kona)

Enjoy!

One of my big issues is that all of the buffets look pretty similar. Have people found that there is a big difference other than the freshness and service?

I am surprised no one mentioned Cinderella's Royal table....have always found the food to be very good (albeit pricey for the experience) and also parking at ft wilderness, eating the breakfast buffet at the settlement and then hopping on the boat to MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter