Best Dining Experience

Shula's and the reason is the steak is incredible!

California Grill is my most favourite. Excellent atmosphere, great views and if you're lucky and go on the night of the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks it's even better. I cannot fault the service. The food is "fantastique" - they have some great signature dishes including pork tenderloin that is to die for. I love their flat breads great to munch on as a pre-dinner appetizer ;) Yeah I think overall this is my favourite Disney restaurant. I go back every trip so it must be.

It had to be a tie between WP upstairs and Cali grill. The food was outstanding, the atmosphere was beautiful, and the food was to die for.

Another vote for California Grill here. I love the variety of dishes offered and the many tastes I generally experience while here. The flatbreads are excellent and I usually go for the chef's sushi 'inspiration'. The service is always good and the restaurant is very boisterous and upbeat. On top of all of the great food and service, is the fabulous view that is offered. To be there at night to see the fireworks has to be great...though we have never been there at that time...maybe next trip!

By the way, my kids can't go here without getting the kids sushi....very cute and quite the 'sugar rush'. Then again, it is vacation.....

Very hard question to answer because there are so many different types of places that cater to what you want....do you want to eat in one of the amusement parks...or one of the hotels....or with kids...or a romantic dinner for two...?!
With everything else equal, my wife and three kids vote for Liberty Tree Tavern (Magic Kingdom...Liberty Square area.)
Does it have the best food anywhere in Orlando? Absolutely not. But it is very satisfying....turkey, beef, ham...kind of a traditional Thanksgiving-dinner theme. But the atmosphere is wonderful...a colonial, George Washington-era restaurant-pub. It's a character dinner with everyone dressed up in colonial garb.
We've had great meals, good meals, so-so meals and not-so-good meals on our Disney trips, but all in all if we (the 5 of us in our family) had to vote on one single, best eating experience, it would be Liberty Tree Tavern.
Chef Mickey's.....(breakfast only!!!)...comes in second!!
Good luck...have fun!

Wow... there are so many!!!

Our first pick would definitely have to be Crystal Palace breakfast - we go there several times during our vacations

Second pick would probably be Chef Mickey's breakfast

Third - 50's Prime Time Cafe

One of the best experiences we had was at the Concourse Steakhouse at the CR. We were heading for Chef Mickey's but it was so crowded and noisy that we decided just to have a steak. It was during Christmas and the place was decorated with very elaborate gingerbread houses. There weren't many people there so the service was exceptional, the steak was incredible and the atmosphere was perfect.
We have our favorite places and our favorite foods, but that was a great experience. Maybe because it just sort of happened...
:)

I am tied between 2 wonderful restaurants:
Flying Fish on the boardwalk. I absolutely love their seared NY strip steak and their crab cakes and I also love the whole boardwalk atmosphere. After eating a great meal at FF it is so nice to stroll the boardwalk or watch the boardwalk entertainers with the water and lights sparkling in the background--it is beautiful.
Or
California Grill. I love their flat breads, sushi, pork tenderloin and their desserts, also the view is incredible at all times but to see the MK fireworks from this restuarant is truly magical!

The absolute best (and most expensive) was our anniversary dinner at Flying Fish. Even our two DS's enjoyed it and were very well behaved.

Second has to be Le Cellier on our last trip - cheese soup, bread sticks and Surf and Turf - yum!

In a category by itself, I will never forget the first time we ate at 50's Prime Time. My older DS, who was 6 at the time, got the biggest kick out of his father interacting with Brother Ken. They were writing things about each other on the placemat - and Brother Ken got both of us on the soap color. I don't remember what food we ate but we'll never forget that meal!

Lisa

So many good meals, so little time...

I haven't had a BAD experience yet, but plenty of good ones. And I honestly can't single one restaurant out above the rest as "THE ONE", because different ones were special for different reasons....

I will say, however, that going into a restaurant with zero expectation can seriously work in your favor. DH and I went into Whispering Canyon with our 3 kids on a last minute PS (our last night at VWL and just didn't feel like cooking or eating left-overs, or heading out anywhere, either!) I had heard mixed reviews, and so I had very low expectations -- might be good, might not, but at least I'm not the one fixin' it, so that works for me. DH had no clue at all about the place (he didn't even know enough not to ask for ketchup...:) ) and certainly my kids were in the dark. The whole family absolutely loved it. DH's pork chops were perfect, my ribs were great, more food than any of us could eat...and the antics between our server and our kids kept us all in stitches. My second eldest son has a tendency to NEVER SIT STILL and when the waiter decided to fix the problem by "tying" him to the chair with this massive heavy-duty rope, it was a true kodak moment. We got a huge kick out of watching what happened to other people, too. All in all, a very fun, filling, memorable meal.

We also had low expectations of Chef Mickey's for dinner -- but again, kids loved it, and fun was had by all.

Cindy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter