• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best DCL Guide Books

dtuleya

DIS Veteran
Before I purchase my Passporter DCL guide I just wanted to know if that is the best one out there. Does anybody know if they are coming out with a 2004 edition?

I would think they would be coming out with a 2004 version with the changes they have done.

I'd save my money....there's nothing they have to say that isn't available on this board!

Even though I read this board all the time - I love my passporter! It was great to bring it with me on the cruise because all the information was right there!

Originally posted by kcashner
I'd save my money....there's nothing they have to say that isn't available on this board!

I don't know about that. These boards are a great source of information, but they are based on peoples opinions. Sometimes it is nice to have a guide to read that is factual. I read the passporter and these boards while planning our WDW vacation in 2002 and it by the time we went on our trip I felt very well prepared and had very few surprises. There are things mentioned in the books that you might not think about asking or have the opportunity to read about on these boards. I first learned about signing up to be the "Flag Family" at the WL by reading the Passporter guide.

The Passporter guides are well written and the deluxe refillable style (that's the one I have) is a great organizational tool to take with us on board with all the places to make notes and the pockets.

I was just wondering if there are any other good guides out there besides the Passporter.

I bought mine on amazon.com, but if you goto passporter.com , I beleive they have the 2004 versions available~ good luck~

Kathy

Have you been to their website? It should say when the 2004 is available. We have the 2003 and I just check the updates every once in a while. I can't believe their would be a lot of changes. But I suppose your cruise date is far enough out you can wait. I would order direst hrough Passporter. They are fast and will probably put you on reserve until it is out.

Although this board is great - the Passporter is indexed. The search function here doesn't always work - sometimes questions are answered, but sometimes they aren't (sometimes the answer isn't in the Passporter either). I can take notes in my Passporter (like the change to embarkation times) and take it along.

If you don't have $17 to spare, just read it here (if you don't have $17 to spare, I might suggest that a cruise may not be the best choice of where to put your money right now.)

I checked the site after I posted, but there is no mention of a 2004 DCL book. Guess I'll contact Passporter directly before I make my purchase.

Yep, those would be my top 5, as well. I bought PassPorters first and that's where I learned about Barb's site, which brought me to this one.

I like my PassPorters for the indexed, easy-to-find info, plus I love reading it for a few minutes in bed before I go to sleep. My DH thinks I must have it memorized by now! :o It's just nice to have stuff in hard copy sometimes, you know?

I don't know if they have a 2004 version coming out, but I still love my 2003 one.

I wrote the Passporter folks a few weeks ago asking when the 2004 (2nd) edition would be coming out, and they replied in March or April 2004. I have the paperback, non-deluxe (no pockets) version of the 1st edition, and it is very helpful in addition to the great information found here on the DISboards. Our cruise isn't until October 2004, so I could wait for the deluxe 2004 edition, I suppose, but I wish it was coming out sooner! I'd really like to have the "pocketed" edition to keep track of my scattered and random thoughts about this cruise (wish I had bought that edition in the first place). If we're close to a 2nd edition, I guess I should wait to "upgrade" anyway...

Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter