Best CP Positions?

Hospitality is probably the most difficult role to score on the college program. Prior guest service experience and a pretty good phone interview are necessities for this role- since you already work a hotel front desk, that certainly helps. Because of the significant investment Disney makes in training these cast members, it would be advantageous to sign-up for an advantage program.

As far as the role goes, it can vary from resort to resort. At most resorts, this involves at least three sub-roles, Cashier (Front Desk H/H), Lobby Concierge and Runner. The former is pretty much just like any other hotel cashier in the formal sense- they check you in to your "Disney Vacation" and get you established at the resort. However, the level of detail and explanation required is often a much higher expectation from anywhere else you'd work. You're not just checking people in to a hotel, you're setting up their vacation!

Lobby concierge, as you can probably deduce, assists guests in a resort lobby, typically adjacent to the front desk to organize dining reservations, excursions and other activities, and sell tickets. This sub-role is a lot like a glorified vacation planner at one of the parks. The runners do exactly that- run items per guest requests. Other resorts have additional sub-roles that you may or may not be selected to perform. This includes Club Concierge (Disney desk experience is required for this, and is located at deluxe resorts only), Lounge Attendant and Bell services.

Somethings to keep in mind is that resorts operate 24/7/365. There is a great potential for you to be given "funky" shifts, because they must always be staffed. These roles can be a lot of fun, but are a lot of stress as well.

Hopefully that answers some questions!

Beautiful! Thanks SO much for your response! It's something I would be interested in, without a doubt!

Like I've mentioned before, it's my dream to be a Disney Wedding Planner.... after my CP I would love to apply for a PI with the Wedding Planners.

Really, when it came down to it, I would be happy working anywhere in Disney... hotel, merchandise, F&B (even though I have close to no expierence), custodial... anything. Custodial would be my last choice, but if it was either work custodial or I don't get in, I would JUMP at the custodial job!

Thanks again for your response though! It helped a lot!

what exactly is attractions? i know it's like being guides for rides & stuff, but what else?

I got attractions & I ended up working on MainStreet. Weird, I know, bc theres not really any attractions up there. I did Park Greeter (getting people into the park, the turnstile thing) and PAC (Parade Audience Control). I LOVED PAC. Mainstreet has their stuff together for PAC, once you know how to set up the ropes, it all runs so smoothly.

If I requestion attractions, what is the chance I'll get it? I know none of you know for sure, but...ya.

If I requestion attractions, what is the chance I'll get it? I know none of you know for sure, but...ya.

It's hard to tell. It all comes down to where Disney needs people. But if you really stress it, that might help your chances (or if you work in a theme park back home.

On my college program I worked merchandise and enjoyed it. My roommates all enjoyed their jobs which including- Full-Service F&B, lifeguard, attractions, Quick Service Food and Beverage, and Hospitality. I do not think there is one "best role" I think for everyone it is going to be a different answer.

I LOVE doing Main Street PAC. Sooooo much fun.

I love PAC as well, but i do it at Hollywood Studios for parade and HSM, rather than main street. I also work fantasmic and absolutly love it. The one downside though is that the hours are not as great as ride attractions such as rock and roller coaster because they don't operate as long each day.

I love PAC as well, but i do it at Hollywood Studios for parade and HSM, rather than main street. I also work fantasmic and absolutly love it. The one downside though is that the hours are not as great as ride attractions such as rock and roller coaster because they don't operate as long each day.

I got to do Fant! a few times. It was awsome!

Question... ok so i have pretty much decided that I do want to do Attractions... my interview is in a few day... but my question is how hard will it be for me to get Attractions!? does everyone want this job so its really competitive?! i would love to work splash or space mountain!:3dglasses

Question... ok so i have pretty much decided that I do want to do Attractions... my interview is in a few day... but my question is how hard will it be for me to get Attractions!? does everyone want this job so its really competitive?! i would love to work splash or space mountain!:3dglasses

I really don't know how competitive that role is, however during the interview I would mention that you want to work at Splash or Space Mountain,. It might not get you the positon, but it will show that you have thought about what role and attraction you want to work at!!

Best of luck on your interview :goodvibes

Awesome thank... I'll mention it. I guess space mountain would be would be better because of the air conditioning but then again i could be outside and get a little sun if i did spalsh mountain?!:thumbsup2

Awesome thank... I'll mention it. I guess space mountain would be would be better because of the air conditioning but then again i could be outside and get a little sun if i did spalsh mountain?!:thumbsup2

Oh you'd get more then a little sun at Splash.:rotfl:

haha ok maybe alotof sun...but i feel like all the celebs would go to splash mountain and tis always a busy line so i wouldnt get so board right?!:3dglasses :3dglasses :3dglasses

haha ok maybe alotof sun...but i feel like all the celebs would go to splash mountain and tis always a busy line so i wouldnt get so board right?!:3dglasses :3dglasses :3dglasses

Don't forget, you wouldn't always be back at the ride. But yeah, you would be busy.

what do you mean? where else could I be? :confused3

Working FP (if the ride has it). Working the front of the ride (answering questions, ect). Working merge (this is where the FP and stand-by split. Again, if the ride has it). Also, there is a chance you could work PAC (Parade Audience Control). Some attractions are involved. As well as other positions.

Working FP (if the ride has it). Working the front of the ride (answering questions, ect). Working merge (this is where the FP and stand-by split. Again, if the ride has it). Also, there is a chance you could work PAC (Parade Audience Control). Some attractions are involved. As well as other positions.

ok sweet i think i could handle any one of those attraction jobs... i really just wana be able ot interact with guest . Thats why i am also strongly considering hospitality. and if i do go that way what is a good resort to work at?! The Contemporary and The Animal Kingdom resort looks pretty sweet, well themed and fun! (like being in a theme park without being in one of the 4 disney parks)

ok sweet i think i could handle any one of those attraction jobs... i really just wana be able ot interact with guest . Thats why i am also strongly considering hospitality. and if i do go that way what is a good resort to work at?! The Contemporary and The Animal Kingdom resort looks pretty sweet, well themed and fun! (like being in a theme park without being in one of the 4 disney parks)

Attractions is high interaction- particularly if you're on one of the spieling attractions (Jungle Cruise, Great Movie Ride).

The thing to keep in mind with hospitality is that is is by far one of the hardest roles to get on the college program- guest interaction is definitely a part of it, but so is guest conflict resolution and many other high intensity situations. During your interview process, you will have to do mighty well to show off your previous guest service experience.

As with any other roles, you won't be able to to choose where you'll be placed- you can make requests, but it's ultimately up to casting where you end up. I think the Contemporary would be a cool place to work- especially with the new Armani suits that the front office staff got.

Attractions is high interaction- particularly if you're on one of the spieling attractions (Jungle Cruise, Great Movie Ride).

The thing to keep in mind with hospitality is that is is by far one of the hardest roles to get on the college program- guest interaction is definitely a part of it, but so is guest conflict resolution and many other high intensity situations. During your interview process, you will have to do mighty well to show off your previous guest service experience.

As with any other roles, you won't be able to to choose where you'll be placed- you can make requests, but it's ultimately up to casting where you end up. I think the Contemporary would be a cool place to work- especially with the new Armani suits that the front office staff got.

hmmm haha well since u put it that way im thinken attractions... that sounds pretty fun and i guess ill say something about doing attractions in my interview.

Well, I just got my acceptance letter about an hour ago and was happy to see I was accepted for merchandise. Does anyone have any comments on that role? From experience? Where did you work? What were your hours like? Anything other comments please throw them in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter