Best Contemporary Resort - Park View room

CMcCaslin4

Earning My Ears
I’m planning my family’s first trip to Disney! We are staying at the Contemporary and decided on a park view because our little ones might not make it to fireworks (they are 3 &5)! I’m curious what are some of the best rooms with views y’all have stayed in there! Any tips to request these?
Thanks!

I’m planning my family’s first trip to Disney! We are staying at the Contemporary and decided on a park view because our little ones might not make it to fireworks (they are 3 &5)! I’m curious what are some of the best rooms with views y’all have stayed in there! Any tips to request these?
Thanks!
Not sure you can request as the MDE won't let you select anything (high floor, low floor, etc) due to TPV being a category in and of itself.

Agree with @Tigger's ally above that there really isn't anything to request. Perhaps you might ask for an upper floor? You can do that by calling the reservation phone line and asking them to note the request.

Here is a view I took from 4745. Use the touring plans room finder to send a request to the resort. You may have to subscribe to use it. 6EEEAC06-490E-483D-B5FA-E0751B5038C6.jpeg

Thanks!
All the TPV rooms have a good view. If you are not club level you will be on floors 4-6. There are no rooms on the lower floors.

We stayed on the lake side of the Contemporary and thought it was a great view and something like $200/day less. You get a view of the lake/boating and that night time lighted boat show. If we took a mid-day break, the view from the patio was very enjoyable. Like the above picture shows, you mostly get a view of the parking lot and can see the tops of certain park attractions from the park view rooms. There is no charge to submit a room request using the Disney reservation system.

Non CL CR TPV rooms are on floors 6-11 (not 4-6).

Personally, I would request “upper floor first preference, north/MK side of building second preference” - or something like that.

While any TPV room at CR is a good room - no matter the floor or location on the floor - generally speaking the higher the better when it comes to views, in my opinion. Being on the north/MK side of the building also gets you away from the Chef Mickey’s side of the building, which in my opinion can be a tad noisy (and that noise drifts straight up the atrium).

We stayed at CR several times when mine were that little and I recall a few early bedtime nights wishing they’d stop that darn Chef Mickey’s song/dance!

Don’t overthink it too much since everything I said above is relatively minor / not critical to an enjoyable CR stay. Just small observations.

BTW, DW and I enjoyed many a night watching fireworks from the balcony with a nice beverage while the little ones slept. It’s one of the best parts of staying at CR. There’s a channel on the TV that plays the fireworks music, so you can turn it up a bit and crack the balcony door and it makes for a decent way to watch the show.

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter