Best choice for Year End Week

Mr. Gil

Earning My Ears
Hello... I need some advice. I'm planning to travel to Orlando from 12/23/19 to 01/01/20. And from 12/24 to 12/31 I'm planning to spend every day in a single park. This is my pre-selected parks per day:

12/24: Magic Kingdom (I want to spend Christmas eve in this park)
12/25: Kennedy Space Center
12/26: Epcot
12/27: Disney Hollywood Studios
12/28: Sea world
12/30: Island of Adventures
12/31: Universal Studios (is this the best option? not repeating MK)

For me 12/24 at MK is a must. But the big question is... which other park (not MK) is recommended for 12/31 for new year's celebration?

EPCOT usually has a special fireworks show for NYE. It is also the biggest park, which may help a tiny bit as you are visiting during by far the most crowded time of the year.

With seven theme park visits in a row over the holidays, that is one schedule that will be a true test of patience, stamina and your pocketbook.

If midnight fireworks are important on New Year's Eve, you might want to switch to a Disney theme park. Although Universal will have fireworks, they will be noticeably less impressive than what you see at Disney World. This is due to the fact that Universal is right next to residential neighborhoods.

I used to live within walking distance of the Universal Resort. Our complex was built before the theme parks were even an idea. Although it didn't bother me, there was a group of owners that opposed any expansion of night time entertainment. Those people (as well as general safety considerations) are the reason why Universal's fireworks aren't particularly impressive.

When we were there for NYE, we spent the afternoon/early evening in Disney Springs as the parks were too crowded for us. I didn't want to have to get there early and spend the entire day there til midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter