Best check-in time for increasing odds of connecting rooms

VAlegacy

Mouseketeer
Family of 6 2 preferred rooms at movies Dec 15-22 (Sun-Sun). Reservations are divided up 3-3
I have a request in for connecting rooms, but I'm wondering does anyone have an idea for the best time to check in to increase these odds. Try to check in an hour early, or what until right at 3?

It is what it is no big deal but I would like to increase my odds. Of course, before we booked we did discuss the possibility of being separated, and are fine with that.

I would check in as early as possible to find out if your request had been met.

If you have not received Connecting Rooms,politely ask the Front Desk if they could check again for Connecting Rooms and tell them you don't mind waiting until later in the day if nothing was available then,but would be later in the day.

Just because you are not assigned Connnecting Rooms initially,that doesn't necessarliy mean none are available or may be available later in the day.

If you REALLY want Connecting Rooms and there are definitely none available on your check-in day,you can even ask if some would be available in the next day or 2 if you don't mind "moving"(We have done this several times and felt it was worth the trouble of moving in order to get a room we wanted for the majority of our trip.)

I would check in as early as possible to find out if your request had been met.

If you have not received Connecting Rooms,politely ask the Front Desk if they could check again for Connecting Rooms and tell them you don't mind waiting until later in the day if nothing was available then,but would be later in the day.

Just because you are not assigned Connnecting Rooms initially,that doesn't necessarliy mean none are available or may be available later in the day.

If you REALLY want Connecting Rooms and there are definitely none available on your check-in day,you can even ask if some would be available in the next day or 2 if you don't mind "moving"(We have done this several times and felt it was worth the trouble of moving in order to get a room we wanted for the majority of our trip.)

Good idea. I have also read where people have even accepted a downgrade to a standard to get it.
I do know that it is just a request and not a guarantee.

I have also read where people have even accepted a downgrade to a standard to get it.
Besides saving some money,we actually prefer Mighty Ducks at Movies over any Preferred Rooms.

Ducks is literally a minute or 2 from All-Star Music's Food Court and Buses,so it gives us 2 convenient options for dining and transportation,etc.

And Ducks has its "own" Pool and Laundry.

Ducks is SO close to Intermission Hall at Music,it FEELS like a Music Preferred Room! :)

Request connecting rooms. Check at the front desk as early as you can to see it if was met. Check in time has nothing to do with room assignment, but it's easier to get things changed earlier in the day.

We got connecting rooms at Pop on our last trip without requesting it. We all did online check in. My parents got their room ready text in the morning, my sister and I didn't get ours until late afternoon. Since the rooms were ready at wildly different times, I'm not sure what they would have been able to tell us at the front desk.

I'd make connecting rooms your only request.

Also make sure the reservations both have "traveling with" numbers connecting them.

I've heard people on other posts state calling the hotel directly 5 days out with your request. I'm actually at Movies Dec 1-8th and we have the same situation.

I've heard people on other posts state calling the hotel directly 5 days out with your request. I'm actually at Movies Dec 1-8th and we have the same situation.

There is no way to call the resort directly though. All calls go to a central call center. But, it is good advice to call and add any requests at least 5 days out as rooms are assigned 2-3 days out.

I've also read about faxing requests to the hotel, but I'm not sure how that would work out. Probably straight to the garbage can.

Remember any request is only that and can’t be guaranteed no matter what a CM or TA says. They aren’t a bookable category and so many people request they don’t have enough inventory to meet all the requests. Please remember it is not the CMs fault at the checkin desk if your request wasn’t met or can’t be met... don’t take any frustrations out on them.

I've also read about faxing requests to the hotel, but I'm not sure how that would work out. Probably straight to the garbage can.
Yep. That is a
Ppatently exactly how taxed requests are processed. Just call. As far in advance as possible.

Not necessarily-I have had several trips where I ONLY sent the TP fax and got the exact room I requested.

If you have two reservations, you'll want to add "traveling with RES#" to each of them. Add connecting room request to each reservation. No other requests. Then check in as early as possible on your check in day. Don't bother with the 3PM time. If you are there at 8AM, check in and see if you have connecting rooms.

I just came back from our trip today and requested connecting rooms for both resorts we stayed at through our TA and we were lucky enough to get that request met. I would make it your only request and hopefully they can meet it. I would also get the request in ASAP incase that has any consideration in the room allocation program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter