Best camera for parks?

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
What cameras do people recommended for the parks?
See my problem is I take way too many photos and videos. On one trip I took 900 photos/videos, I feel I constantly have my camera on my hand taking photos and not living the full lived theme park experience . So I don’t know if this is strange request but does anyone know a camera can just have hang around my neck and just have it recording my days for a few hours or so inside the park instead of constantly having my camera phone clicking photos of everything? Or any fancy James bond mini gadget that attaches to my glasses anyone knows about haha? - sorry I know nothing about technology.

Id quite happily watch hours of my days in the parks back home.

If you want a video camera - Insta360 Go 2. Its tiny, clip it on your shirt and it will record. Not sure how much time you get to record on it. Not sure if it will snap pictures.

No affiliation to it, I have the 360 cam and it's very good.

You could try a Go Pro (or one of the similar knock offs that are much cheaper) - there's tons of different attachments you can get to just attach to yourself - we use a wrist strap, but there's also a chest harness and plenty of ways you could just clip it to your bag or something.

My husband used to bring a camera bag with all the accessories, but he had the same experience you did. We stopped bringing a camera and just use our phones for photos and videos. And we get Memory Maker...

My husband used to bring a camera bag with all the accessories, but he had the same experience you did. We stopped bringing a camera and just use our phones for photos and videos. And we get Memory Maker...
How does memory maker work?

It depends on how you plan to use what you end up with. Are you more interested in hours of raw videos which you can watch after the fact to see yourself/family walking around the park or doing various rides? Do you have the skill or interest to edit the video down into something others might want to watch? Or are you more interested in still photos you can frame or post online somewhere? Our recommendation for the type of camera will depend on how you plan to use the results. Taking pro quality video or still photos requires planning and practice. The quality of the result has less to do with the type of camera compared to the skill/experience of the photographer. Getting the perfect shot of Cinderella's castle will take time away from your vacation.

Your smartphone can also be used for snapshot quality pictures and videos without requiring you to lug around all sorts of camera equipment.

It depends on how you plan to use what you end up with. Are you more interested in hours of raw videos which you can watch after the fact to see yourself/family walking around the park or doing various rides? Do you have the skill or interest to edit the video down into something others might want to watch? Or are you more interested in still photos you can frame or post online somewhere? Our recommendation for the type of camera will depend on how you plan to use the results. Taking pro quality video or still photos requires planning and practice. The quality of the result has less to do with the type of camera compared to the skill/experience of the photographer. Getting the perfect shot of Cinderella's castle will take time away from your vacation.

Your smartphone can also be used for snapshot quality pictures and videos without requiring you to lug around all sorts of camera equipment.

Probably more quick snaps and videos of the trip just like what the iPhone does however with the amount of photos I take I feel like my phone is in front of my face more times than just being in the moment enjoying the park. I don’t know what to do I probs don’t need a new camera and could make do with my iPhone I’m just being fussy haha. Maybe taking less photos should help me haha but that will be hard.

Nothing wrong with taking lots of photos. Some trips I wish I've taken more. The iphone and other phones have some of the best cameras out there today for "memory" making. The quality is so good, but if you want a wall size picture then thats not the right choice but for pictures for social media and just sharing, you can't beat it.

I have 3-4 cameras with me on every trip to WDW…really any trip I go on. I alternate them depending on the days activities. But there are constants. I always have my phone and a setup to carry it on a handheld tripod and sometimes a external mic. I always have a GoPro in my backpack as it takes up hardly any space. And I will either bring a small point and shoot, Canon G7x Markiii or a bigger camera with a couples lenses, Canon EOS R and a 70-200 lens, along with another wider angle lens. Now I get this setup isn’t for most people, but its a hobby and I enjoy it. As far as having a camera around your neck filming, thats a cool idea and I love to film. GoPros and similar work great for that, but they are super wide angle lenses and the audio is rarely very good on them as they are more for action sports than recording quality audio.

We liked the DJI osmo, it worked well for 4K ride videos and parades. It also connected to my phone and iPad so I could view content without downloading everything from the memory card.
Also got some great video of sting rays snorkeling on a Disney Cruise too!

Trivan made an excellent suggestion. The Insta360 Go 2 is exactly what you're asking for. It's tiny and can be attached anywhere, including to the front of your shirt. But like any device, I'd strongly recommend that you practice using it in a similar scenario (pretend or not) before going to the Disney park. Also, it's probably a good idea to start learning how to edit video since you'll have a lot of footage to trim down and splice together. Doing that will provide guidance on what kinds of clips you should record in the first place.

However, I do have a concern with the Go camera: it uses a small, built-in battery. That means the camera will inevitably end up in the garbage when the battery's capacity becomes too low to be bearable. I try to avoid built-in batteries whenever possible so, for me, I'd just use a larger action cam with a removable battery (GoPro Hero, Sony X3000, DJI Action, etc).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter