Best Breakfast???

Southernswthrt

Mouseketeer
My BF and I are going on a trip to DW in December. Since this is an adult trip, I don't think I want to go to a character breakfast. What is the best place to have a nice, quiet breakfast? Are there any good breakfast buffets? I've always eaten out of the park, except for snacks, but this time I'd like to try a few restaurants.

I'm sure you're going to hear this from a few other people, but . . .

Our favorite place for breakfast is the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. The food is out of this world and the atmosphere is really nice. It overlooks the Poly lobby so it has sort of a tropical, laid-back kind of feel. The prices are very reasonable, too.

My favorite thing on the menu, and maybe my favorite thing in the world, is the Tonga Toast - banana stuffed sourdough bread, rolled in cinnamon-sugar with choice of ham, bacon, or sausage for $7.99!

My husband loves the Calabash Breakfast - ham, scallions, mushrooms and roasted potatoes in a cheddar cheese sauce topped with two eggs cooked any way for $9.99!

They also have wonderful juice blends and coffee. We go our of our way to eat breakfast here on every trip - no matter what resort we are staying at.

Another vote for Kona...great food, service and atmosphere with decent prices.

My husband and I went to two character breakfasts, adults, on our own, and had a grand time, so don't count them out just because Pooh happens to be running around somewhere.

My absolute favorite breakfast is Donalds Breakfastasaurus at Animal Kingdom. Great food and lots of it and the waiters are a kick!

Boma has a fabuluos breakfast buffet! There is a wide selection, and everything we tried was very fresh and delicous.

We ate there in January, and have a PS for our November trip :D !

I second Boma for the breakfast buffet. This is really great.
The Kona is great too, and reasonably priced. Boatwright's at Riverside has a good breakfast also.

Garden Grille at the Swan has a great breakfast... athough it does have characters it is much quieter than most character meals.

For buffet, we like Boma--Maya Grill has a nice one also.
For table service, we like Boatwright's--Kona is quite good too.

If "quiet" is truly a requirenment, then be sure to avoid Whispering Canyon!!!

Originally posted by Southernswthrt
My BF and I are going on a trip to DW in December. Since this is an adult trip, I don't think I want to go to a character breakfast. What is the best place to have a nice, quiet breakfast? Are there any good breakfast buffets? I've always eaten out of the park, except for snacks, but this time I'd like to try a few restaurants.

Well, it is just my husband and I and we always do two character meals. 1900 Park Fare at the GF for breakfast and Chef Mickey's at the CR for dinner. So please don't let being adults only prevent you from doing a CB.

Now to answer your question Spoodles on the BW and the Yatch Club Galley both have good non-character breakfasts. I believe Spoodles did away with the regular buffet though.

Less then 48 hours to WDW:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Another vote for Kona Cafe. This is a must every trip. Gotta have Tonga Toast. Been a tradition since having it on our honeymoon.

We also like doing character breakfasts. This time we are going back to Chef Mickey's. Last trip did 1900 PF and enjoyed that too.

Technically, you don't need one, (It's not like CRT or anything) but we always like to have one for Kona just in case...as you can see by this posting thread:rolleyes: the Kona is really popular with those in the "know."

You can probably make do without one, since it sounds like you're going in off season, but it may be a bit longer wait, then if you simply made a PS.

~Tina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter