• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Best breakfast or lunch options

MomtoGKC

DIS Veteran
We are going to have a slow morning on the night we are going to MVMCP so I am looking for a great breakfast or lunch. The problem is that this is kind of a last minute trip so we don't have too many choices.

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge and have never eaten at WC - should we try breakfast or lunch there? I think the kids would like the atmosphere if they are doing the fun stuff we read about.

What about Boma - is it worth driving over there to try it? I've been there for dinner.

Any other ideas in case I find openings as I check in the next few weeks? My mom LOVES Crystal Palace but of course it is booked. I also don't know if I want to deal with going to MK since we will be going there later.

Thanks!

MomtoGKC said:
What about Boma - is it worth driving over there to try it? I've been there for dinner.

Boma is one of my favorite breakfast places at WDW. They have a few African-influenced items and then a lot of the traditional American options as well. My family makes a point of driving there for breakfast at least once.

The great thing about a slow day is that you can go almost anywhere.

I really like your Boma idea (nice for a good late breakfast/brunch with tons of variety and great selections that should keep everyone feeling full for the better part of the day).

Some other ideas to consider for a very low key breakfast or lunch (these restaurants get mostly positive reviews, are not outrageously expensive (for Disney) and getting an ADR shouldn't be a problem):

Kona Cafe
Grand Floridian Cafe

And if you'd like to see characters:

Cape May Cafe (relatively low key compared to other character breakfasts and the food and selection are quite good IMO)

The great thing about a slow day is that you can go almost anywhere.

I really like your Boma idea (nice for a good late breakfast/brunch with tons of variety and great selections that should keep everyone feeling full for the better part of the day).

Some other ideas to consider for a very low key breakfast or lunch (these restaurants get mostly positive reviews, are not outrageously expensive (for Disney) and getting an ADR shouldn't be a problem):

Kona Cafe
Grand Floridian Cafe

And if you'd like to see characters:

Cape May Cafe (relatively low key compared to other character breakfasts and the food and selection are quite good IMO)

I agree with the above. Also think about some CS options. At Epcot you can snack around the WS.

Kae

We had breakfast at Boma last month... YUM! We're going to have a tough time deciding whether to go there for breakfast or dinner on future trips (we loved Boma's dinner when we ate there 2 years ago).

We also really enjoyed Cape May for breakfast last year.

Have only done WCC for dinner, and from what I have read, you don't get the same antics (at least not as much) for breakfast. But since you are staying at WL, I'd say give it a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter