best beach on cozumel?

dlawallace

I believe in the Magic!!!
1.We plan on just relaxing on a clean safe beach and not doing an excursion in Cozumel. What would be the best beach for us (2 children 10 and 6)?

2. Can you just take a cab?

3. Is and particular cab company better (safer?)

The "beach" is continuous from the port area around the island. We like Sea Grape, which is at the end of 7 Mile Beach. You can easily take a cab or a city bus. The cabs are very safe and the rates are set. Cozumel is a very easy port, and one of the safest. If there is not a cab waiting when you want to come back to the ship, ask any of the vendors--they will call one for you. Or, a tip to your "on the way there" cabbie will have him waiting at the time you specify to take you back.

kcashner said:
The "beach" is continuous from the port area around the island. We like Sea Grape, which is at the end of 7 Mile Beach. You can easily take a cab or a city bus. The cabs are very safe and the rates are set. Cozumel is a very easy port, and one of the safest. If there is not a cab waiting when you want to come back to the ship, ask any of the vendors--they will call one for you. Or, a tip to your "on the way there" cabbie will have him waiting at the time you specify to take you back.

That's Grand Cayman......

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

1.We plan on just relaxing on a clean safe beach and not doing an excursion in Cozumel. What would be the best beach for us (2 children 10 and 6)?

2. Can you just take a cab?

3. Is and particular cab company better (safer?)

Your best bet is to grab a cab to Paradise beach,real nice newer place with a nice pool,clean restrooms and great food. Just do a google search and you will find there web site. As far as cabs all fares are regulated by the state.

Money Bar sounded good to me and it is a short cab ride away from the dock. If we make it there after massages in town, I'll post an update.

Paradise Beach, hands down.

We've been there 2 times and are going again for a third on our next cruise.

Clean beach, AMAZING food and drinks, fun water toys and they have a gorgeous pool. Restrooms were clean and they have a cute gift shop.

Google Paradise Beach and see what it is about. I asked the same question a few years go and PB was what was recommended by a lot of Dis'ers.
My family was SO impressed that I planned such a great beach day!!

We STILL talk about how great Paradise Beach was. :cool1:
From what I remember, there was no charge to get on the beach or to use their chairs/umbrellas. Water toys (I think) are a charge. They just wanted you to purchase food or drinks, which we gladly did.

We got a cab to and from the ship area. Didn't take too long to get to PB.

I emailed Paradise Beach and they replied within a day:
$2 to use a chaise/umbrella as long as $10 in food/drink is purchased
$12 for wristband for use of water toys
$15 for banana boat rides
$80 for sixty minute massage
And lots of other activities on the list; let me know if you want me to post...

I emailed Paradise Beach and they replied within a day:
$2 to use a chaise/umbrella as long as $10 in food/drink is purchased
$12 for wristband for use of water toys
$15 for banana boat rides
$80 for sixty minute massage
And lots of other activities on the list; let me know if you want me to post...

Great info!!!! The chair/umbrella charge is new since I was there last. Very good to know.

My Cozumel recommendation is Naichi Cocum. It is $50 or so per person and is an all inclusive. It includes a 3 course lunch, all you can drink, you get a palapa and chairs and you have your own server for the day. It is limited to 100 people per day so it isn't over run or crowded. Everyone we have suggessted it to comes back to thank us later.

We have tried other places but always go back to Naichi. You can just take a cab from the dock to get there.

I second the Nachi Cocum. If you truly want R&R that is the place to go. It's not over run with people and you basically have the beach to yourself. No worries about what to eat or how to pay for things. Simple! It is also next door to where many people think the best beach on Cozumel is (Allegro) so that tells you something.

I third Nachi Cocom. $55 each for adults (prices just went up), $17 for each of your kids (ages 4-11). Food is great, service is good, beach is lovely and clean, it doesn't get crowded, there is a pool. You can all swim up to the bar and order whatever you want if you get bored of people bringing things to you on the beach. The kids can even drink virgin drinks all day and feel "fancy".

I've taken two people there and they still talk about it. They have a website, you should check it out. It's $16 each way by cab (it was in May) and all you do is catch a taxi at the port. I've done that from both ports in Cozumel and never felt unsafe. The people at Nachi will call a cab for you when you are done and ready to return to the ship.

Sorry, I guess I could have posted the link. Here you go:

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/eng/about.cfm

You can reserve and pay your deposit online. Take the balance in cash and don't forget to print your reservation. It's really a fabulous day. DH and I were there in May. He's one of those work all the time and never relax people. He actually walked over to the water's edge and spent two hours building sand castles. The staff found some kids toys he could use and brought them to him. I had to pry him away to eat. We practically had the place to ourselves; more people didn't start showing up until we were just about ready to leave. Highly recommended.

We went to Paradise beach in June. Since I am not a water sport person, it was only 2.00 for me to enjoy the beach.
It was very clean and the employees were friendly.

we had a great time and would return again.

Looking into paradise beach since it looks like there would be lots for the kids. A couple of questions..

-out where the water trampolines & stuff are, how deep is it? Do they have life jackets for kids? Worried about my 6 yr old who can swim, but not as well as she thinks she can.

-how do they do the $2 chairs with a $10 food purchase if u want to get your chair right away but don't want to eat yet? Figure I will want chair all day, but we may not eat until mid day.

Thanks!

Your best bet is to grab a cab to Paradise beach,real nice newer place with a nice pool,clean restrooms and great food. Just do a google search and you will find there web site. As far as cabs all fares are regulated by the state.

I second this. It's a quick, cheap cab ride (maybe 10 minutes from the pier). Huge pool with assigned lounge chairs, food bars and a nice beach with water toys (trampolines and climbers). They charge $2 per person for a chair and $12 for all day use of the water toys. Food & drink is ala carte.

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

I been there a few times. It is fantastic.

Looking into paradise beach since it looks like there would be lots for the kids.
-how do they do the $2 chairs with a $10 food purchase if u want to get your chair right away but don't want to eat yet? Figure I will want chair all day, but we may not eat until mid day.

Thanks!

The waiters probably keep track as to has ordered food items. Here is the info from Paradise's email:

For the use of our facilities (including the rental of lounge chairs) we
charge $2 with a $10 minimum food and/or drink consumption on the beach or
at the pool. We have two full bars with drink specials, including the
famous tropical drinks served inside a whole coconut or pineapple. *Plus
our waiters offer full menu service on the beach, so you don’t even have
to get out of your lounge chair to order food or a cold beverage. *You can
check out our menu on our web-site at
http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com

can anyone tell me what they do to get to paradise beach if they have 6 in their party and one is a 3 yr old? Two cabs? Car seats?

thanks

Also would it be possible to do a dolphin meet and then go to the beach afterwards?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter