Best bar on the Fantasy for singles?

nancy drew

DIS Veteran
I'm not looking for THAT kind of singles bar, but I'm wondering if there are bars on the Fantasy that are more conducive to singles or people who are not traveling with a spouse or partner? I'll be traveling solo with my kids, and I'd love to have some adult time in a bar, but not if everyone around me is going to be gazing lovingly into their spouse/partner's eyes, you know?

Just to be clear, I'm totally not opposed to being around couples or anything, I just don't want to be the only solo person around, and I would be really uncomfortable in a "romantic" type bar. I'm really a wine drinker, not an alcohol or beer drinker, and it would be great if I could go to a bar or something where I can enjoy the scenery/atmosphere, have a great glass of wine, meet/talk to people, and relax.

Any recommendations?

On most 7 night cruises, there are lunch get togethers for "single parent or cruising solo" hosted by a member of the cruise staff. This is a lovely time to get to know some of your fellow cruisers, and is NOT a meat market.

I've never felt out of place anywhere on a DCL ship...feel free to hang out in a bar alone, with or without a fellow cruiser.

Thank you!!! That is really good to know! A fellow divorced mom told me Disney cruises are the best for single parents, but reading reports here I was worried it was all 2 parent families and couples. It is SO good to know there will be opportunities for me to hang out with other single parents and solo travelers.

I'm a solo cruiser and my favorite bar on the Disney Fantasy for just having a drink and maybe watch a sporting event is O'Gills Pub. I also enjoyed La Piazza because it was one of the main places people walk through to get around to the other bars/lounges so its a good place to people watch.

I'm a solo cruiser and my favorite bar on the Disney Fantasy for just having a drink and maybe watch a sporting event is O'Gills Pub. I also enjoyed La Piazza because it was one of the main places people walk through to get around to the other bars/lounges so its a good place to people watch.

Thank you! This is good info. I love to people watch!

Honestly, on the Fantasy any of the lounges would be perfect...except maybe Ooh La La..that has more of a romantic feel to it (champagne bar) but I hardly saw anyone in there all cruise.

Another great place to watch people is the Bon Voyage bar right on Deck 3 in the atrium.

We really enjoyed all the clubs on the Fantasy...felt like the ship actually had a nightlife compared to the other ships.

MJ

Thank you!!! That is really good to know! A fellow divorced mom told me Disney cruises are the best for single parents, but reading reports here I was worried it was all 2 parent families and couples. It is SO good to know there will be opportunities for me to hang out with other single parents and solo travelers.

I have gone to the bars alone even though I am traveling with my DH and son. I have a wonderful time meeting people and the bartenders are great to carry on a conversation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter