Best "back stage" tour?

DeanDoug

DIS Veteran
Hi, everyone.
I'm wondering if you've ever taken any of WDW's backstage tours? Which do you recommend and why?
Thank you!

We did the "behind the seeds tour" and loved it. It was so interesting and fun and we learned so much. But, I am very into greenhouses so that may be one reason I loved it so much.

My parents did the Keys to the Kingdom tour and really enjoyed it! If we didn't have little kids with us, I'd definitely want to do it! They learned a lot and saw a lot of behind the scenes stuff.

My husband and I have done the Keys to the Kingdom Tour and the Backstage Magic Tour. We really enjoyed them both. The Backstage Magic Tour is a 6 to 8 hour tour. We started at Epcot, then Hollywood Studios, and ended at Magic Kingdom. We saw a lot in the back of the house at all 3 parks. It included lunch at the Whispering Canyon. And we also really enjoyed the Keys Tour, it was a shorter tour, I'm thinking 3 or 4 hours. This tour was only Magic Kingdom. You did get to see things in the back of the house that you normally wouldn't see. All the tour guides were very knowledgeable.

We have done Keys to the Kingdom multiple times and obviously love it! We learn something new every time. We have done Behind The Seeds and Backstage Safari.

As far as bang for your buck, BTS is the hands down winner. It is pretty darn educational too! It is a couple hours and basically is an in depth look beyond The Land ride.

KTTK is in MK lasts about 5-6 hours (walking/standing) and details many features and history of MK, Main Street and Walt's vision. You are fed lunch at Columbia Harbour House, you get an exclusive pin and you also get to line jump a couple rides. ;) You are also taken back stage and into the fabled utlidors. Your guide gives you ample time to ask all those burning questions and rumors you have always wondered about too.

Backstage Safari is obviously in AK and it details the operations of that park and most importantly the care, feeding and challenges of taking care of large animals. We did get to go into some of the barns but we never got to actually interact (touch/pet) any of the animals. We visited the feed house and saw the menu books and prep work for feeding all the critters. This tour was a combo walking and driving with a rest break in the middle of it. We also received a insulated mug with the tour logo on it.

Soooooo, depending on your area of interest, that would really drive your tour choice. If you are just looking for a general tour try KTTK or the Backstage Magic. Your budget may drive your final choice...

Can someone give me prices for the backstage magic tour? Thanks we're def going to do the KTTK and the behind the seeds tour.. Has anyone done one of the holiday tours?

disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences

This site list all the tours. The Backstage Magic Tour is $229 per person, but you do not need a park pass for this tour. It's a 6 to 8 hour tour and includes lunch. We went to the Whispering Canyon when we did this tour for lunch....

I was wondering how you get from park to park? Is there a bus just for this?

Yes, you go to the park where your tour is going to start. We started at Epcot. We met the group and tour guides at the entrance to the park. We did Epcot first, got on the bus, went over to HS, toured there, then lunch at Whispering Canyon, then went to MK. When the tour was finished we were taken back to Epcot where we were parked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter