Best and Worst episode 161: What makes a Disney park the worst

Lizgistix

resorts fan
While I certainly do not disagree with the reasons everyone on the show came up with, I feel they forgot part of one, but I understand since I don't think anyone on the show is able to speak on it.

Disney transportation can certainly be an annoyance, especially if the buses are packed, but one thing they omitted is if you or a loved one are in a wheelchair or ECV and there are already several ECVs in line waiting. Since each bus can only hold two, that means you could be waiting for the next or possibly the bus after next before you're able to finally begin going to where you need to go. I feel the monorail handles this a little better and the Skyliner has the cars off in it's own loading section, but yeah, waiting at MK at the end of the night for a bus back to POFQ, we had to wait 3 buses before finally being able to board because there were so many ECVs ahead of us.

(side question if anyone knows: the AoA buses, I believe, are articulated. So can they take 4 ECVs or still just the two?)

While I certainly do not disagree with the reasons everyone on the show came up with, I feel they forgot part of one, but I understand since I don't think anyone on the show is able to speak on it.

Disney transportation can certainly be an annoyance, especially if the buses are packed, but one thing they omitted is if you or a loved one are in a wheelchair or ECV and there are already several ECVs in line waiting. Since each bus can only hold two, that means you could be waiting for the next or possibly the bus after next before you're able to finally begin going to where you need to go. I feel the monorail handles this a little better and the Skyliner has the cars off in it's own loading section, but yeah, waiting at MK at the end of the night for a bus back to POFQ, we had to wait 3 buses before finally being able to board because there were so many ECVs ahead of us.

(side question if anyone knows: the AoA buses, I believe, are articulated. So can they take 4 ECVs or still just the two?)
I don’t have any experience with that but you may enjoy the episode John and Kevin did about ECV while traveling on the DU podcast, but uh, disclaimer they aren’t bus riding folks. I still found it enlightening.

I wonder how much this will change with the Skyliner. I would imagine maybe enough folks would choose a skyliner resort offsetting the demand.

The show was okay, I know they don’t have alot to work with at this point with closures dragging on. But honestly so much is going to change. I do think ranking videos are a little silly at this point because so much with menu and staff could be a game changer after reopening.

I have notice I have become way adverse to finger foods, especially in public. French fries in public kinda freak me out. I am so conscious of how clean my hands are these days. Park foods like popcorn that require me to essentially stick my fingers in my mouth seem like a no go. So much about our park experience is about to change.

Last edited:
I get a little rent a car that costs at max $18 a day. The bus system is horrible, if you enjoy good for you. At the end of an 10+ hour day I wanna go home on my terms.

Ive started using Lyft more and more. The bus system is objectively terrible. It is supposed to run every twenty minutes, but it runs that often at its best. I will avoid a rant, but find more and more guests turning to rental cars and ride share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter