Best All Round Character Meal....

T16GEM

<font color=blue>I must have a funnel cake when I'
Just wondering which one you all prefer and why?

We are hoping to do one next trip for DD's 8th Birthday, but we will also have DS who is 6 and our little god daughter who will be about 18 months by then, so we need something to suit them all......

Opinions please!

We really enjoy the garden grill, nice food served family style and excellent character interaction as its a bit quieter than a buffet :goodvibes

Do you mean for the interaction or food?
As above Garden Grill, with it being smaller & quieter they get around to you at least twice (if you want them twice) Food wise we really like it but others don't.

For food my favourite is Akershus, you get a cold buffet including smoked salmon:goodvibes and a hot entree served to you. Plus you get a photo included.

You need to decide which characters you want to see and type of food you want.

We love Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House in AK. The character interaction is great, you get Donald outside for the character photo, then Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Daisy - all in their safari gear of course!

It's a buffet breakfast and the food is great. It's one character meal we will do every time we go.

Thats another thing you need to choose, which meal? we have done all the breakfasts, don't think any are worth it but I can't eat in the morning, we have done them to use credits on DDP but wouldn't pay for any. If you like to eat breakfast then you have to consider.

If I only had to pick one I'd do chef mickeys breakfast. Fun atmosphere and the 5 main characters.

We loved Ohana breakfast. :)

Yummy food, really fun, all the kids seemed to be having a blast dancing around. And the characters were well spaced and spent lots of time with everyone.

I've heard lots of good things about the breaker buffet at the Beach Club too. :)

Define your needs.

Princesses are cool, but has your DD outgrown princesses ?
And how would the 6 year old big guy feel being surrounded by costumed girls and princesses ? Wouldn't it feel awkward for him ... if not then go for akershus (but on a personnal level, I would never punish a boy with such an experience)

same thing goes for CRT

Define what characters are the favorites among your party. If it's the fab 5 then go for Chef Mickey

If they are more lilo and stitch then go for Ohana

I would also consider the Safari Breakfast at Tusker House

If your kids are glued to disney junior, then there is no way you skip Hollywood & Vine

Next thing to think about is if you want a resort or a park breakfast.
If you have a car and can get early in the parks for a breakfast, then you'll most probably have a head start over other guests when the park opens. Plus you get to see the park empty and that's priceless.
It's not part of the breakfast itself, but it's value added IMHO

lots of things to think about. There is no "all round Character Meal", and there is no definite answer.
What do your kids like, as far as character and meal type go.

We did:
Crystal Palace
Akershus
Tusker House
Garden Grill
Chef Mickeys

My children (all girls) ages 5, 8 and 12 loved Garden Grill.

Garden Grill was great for us aswell.

We did most of the character meals in October as we were on dxddp - lots of pics in my dining review - Dixons go deluxe - link in my signature.

Hollywood and vine with disney junior characters is good for breakfast. We were not keen on lunch but my girls like the characters

To be honest we aren't that bothered about the costs, it's her birthday and the average party costs about £200 usually for 30 odd school friends so it's not an issue as it will prob work out cheaper!

We did breakfast at Chef Mickey last time and the kids loved it - we really are a fan of the breakfasts as we tend to fill up and then not bother eating until dinner time apart from a small snack during the day.

DS also understands that it's effectivly his sisters party so she gets to choose what we all do.

I like the sound of Ohana and Garden Grille though so I think I'll look into those :)

Thanks Guys :)
:wizard:

Ohana breakfast or Tusker House (breakfast) are our favourites - tend to do both most visits :goodvibes

Ohana we like as the food brought to you but TH has a bigger selection with a nice hand carved ham.

CP is a nice setting and has an omelette station and chocolate Mickey waffles :rolleyes1

Ohana breakfast or Tusker House (breakfast) are our favourites - tend to do both most visits :goodvibes

Ohana we like as the food brought to you but TH has a bigger selection with a nice hand carved ham.

CP is a nice setting and has an omelette station and chocolate Mickey waffles :rolleyes1

Which characters are at TH? I like the sound of the ham! :thumbsup2

T16GEM said:
Which characters are at TH? I like the sound of the ham! :thumbsup2

You also get Krispy Kremes :)

The characters are Donald outside for the photo and then inside are Goofy, Mickey, Minnie and Daisy in their safari gear!

I personally think it's the best character meal and breakfast food options :)

Say no more!!! SOLD!!! :rotfl:

How did I miss those?

If I had to choose a breakfast, I would go for Tusker House. I really liked the food - quality and variety.

Crystal Palace was also very nice.

I would never pay to eat a character breakfast, but then I am not a fan of breakfast in america. $20-$30 to eat bacon and pancakes is a little excessive for me. lol :)

If you want the ultimate princess experience the CRT is prob be best, but if your DD isnt a massive princess fan this could be a huge waste.

We think the food is better at CRT than at Askerhaus, in fact last time we went it was borderline inedible!

Garden Grill is great. food is not the best i have had at disney, but certainly not the worst. The character interaction is the best we have had at these. We did a Dinner.

We love Crystal Palace, which is Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet. This is a buffet which is pretty good value, but can get REALLY busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter