• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best airport to fly into for Disneyland?

What's the cheapest way to get from the airport (John Wayne) to your DL Hotel? How much does that cost? (For either 1 or 2 people)

The shared van at Super Shuttle charges $10 a person each way. It's really easy to use and you can make reservations online.

Long Beach is the best! It is the smallest and fastest and only about 18 miles from Disneyland! A taxi is $35 to the resort area. We only fly into LB now!

I priced tickets from Kansas City to all four LA-area airports that Southwest Airlines serves, and the Ontario airport had a big enough price difference to make it the obvious choice for me, even if it is a longer drive to the parks.

Mind you, this will be our first trip, so I'm not speaking from experience to recommend this airport, but from a cost perspective, it was a no-brainer.

I priced tickets from Kansas City to all four LA-area airports that Southwest Airlines serves, and the Ontario airport had a big enough price difference to make it the obvious choice for me, even if it is a longer drive to the parks.

Mind you, this will be our first trip, so I'm not speaking from experience to recommend this airport, but from a cost perspective, it was a no-brainer.

from PIT flying into ONT is cheaper too...do you know how long it takes to get to DL (non-rush hour) & how much the shuttles/taxis are from that airport?

I haven't yet found information about a flat rate for a taxi from ONT to DLR (or back to ONT).

The supershuttle web site has a fare quote wizard that can help. For four people, using the $2-off-per-person-per-way coupon in the 2007 Entertainment Book, it will be $60 each way, before tip. Yeah, that's high, but the cheap airfare makes up for it.

I'm thinking of using priceline to see if I can get a full-size car for ~$20-25 per day, even though we won't need it while at DLR, I'd rather be on my own schedule for the same $120 I would pay to supershuttle. And I can use the car to make a run to Target for stuff to put in the hotel fridge.

We are flying Southwest into Orange Co because we were told it's only 12 miles to DL. Is that not true?????

We are flying Southwest into Orange Co because we were told it's only 12 miles to DL. Is that not true?????

SNA is about 15 miles and Long Beach is about 18. Ontario is farther, but not sure of the exact mileage!

It may be 12 miles. But that does not factor in traffic.
30-40 minutes is my guess for any daylight hours.

The time is OK with me....we have a taxi arranged. I just wondered if we were going into the correct airport.

For us the drive between the Ontario airport and Disneyland was 30 minutes (it was actually at little less, but I rounded up).:)

We landed at SNA after rush hour. It only took about 15 minutes to get the DLH. I took longer on the way back because our flight was at 8 AM

The time is OK with me....we have a taxi arranged. I just wondered if we were going into the correct airport.

Orange County (SNA) is the correct airport to fly into and the closest to DL. The drive (taxi ride) is about 15 minutes to the DLR area with normal traffic conditions (non-rush hour and with no accidents).:thumbsup2

Is LAX realllly far away? Sometimes on Southwest's DING! I see some great one way deals to LAX...$51, $61 each way...from Providence! I'm thinking of booking a mini-vaca when a nice deal pops up again, but is it not worth it?

Is LAX realllly far away? Sometimes on Southwest's DING! I see some great one way deals to LAX...$51, $61 each way...from Providence! I'm thinking of booking a mini-vaca when a nice deal pops up again, but is it not worth it?

DH and I tend to use LAX instead of SNA. Airfare is cheaper to LAX and everything to SNA is a connection for us. It takes about an hour to get from LAX to Disneyland Resort.

DH and I tend to use LAX instead of SNA. Airfare is cheaper to LAX and everything to SNA is a connection for us. It takes about an hour to get from LAX to Disneyland Resort.

What form of transportation do you use? Taxi, shuttle, rental car? The last ( & only) time I went to CA I was 3 years old and we didn't even go to DL lol :P I'm just starting to look into a DL trip like...this morning haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter