Best age for Hoop Dee Doo

Krshew

Earning My Ears
My kids will be 5 and 3---too young for Hoop Dee Doo? I'd love to go but don't want to spend the money if the kids won't appreciate this

I'd say they're not too young. DD has been going about every other year since she was 2 1/2. However, it is pretty loud. The first year we took her to it she spent half the evening covering her ears. She still had fun, but it was intermittent fun. :laughing:

Thanks! All fun is intermittent fun at age 3 in my experience so I'll take this as a positive

Thanks! All fun is intermittent fun at age 3 in my experience so I'll take this as a positive
:rotfl: That is so true!

I can tell you that she got up from her chair and danced on an off throughout the evening. She ate a decent amount of food so she must have liked it. Also, despite the noise level, a CM convinced her to rub her spoon against a washboard and make a huge racket lol. She also twirled her napkin along with everyone else. She didn't understand the jokes, of course, but she laughed anyway.

In my experiences with kids I've gone with, the *best* age seems to be about 10 years old. Now, having said that, my DD went she was 6 as well as my son and they LOVED it. But it seems that around age 10, they really *get* all the humor and aren't old enough yet to pretend to be too cool for it (even though teens love the show also, they have a tendency to try to hide it).

I think your 5 year old will really enjoy it and your 3 year old won't get most of it but will enjoy the clapping, singing, and general raucous atmosphere. The young ones especially like the washboard playing at the end.

Last year, I took DD (then 6) and DS (then 3) and they both had a great time including marching around, playing the washboards and twirling napkins. Some of the jokes were over their heads, but overall a great experience.

We took ours to HDDMR for the first time when they were 2 and 5 and they loved it (2 year old mostly because her brother was so into it). I am looking forward to taking them back on our next trip at 6 and 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter