Best advice SNA transport.....

When we fly into John Wayne when my DD was 1.5, we took the Disney bus from the airport so that we did not have to mess around with car seats. I highly recommend it.

I normally do a taxi from SNA because it is cheap, but with that many kids, I would probably just fork over the money for Disneyland Express. That many car seats would be a pain to haul around, in addition to your luggage!

If car seats are easy for you, or cost is an issue, then I'd go with the taxi.

Hope you have a great time! Sounds like a fun group!

Disneyland Express... no car seats! It is so much easier. We have done the car seat thing for other methods but DE remains the easiest.

Also, CA requires a car seat or booster up until 8yo or 4'9", so depending on which state you are from and how old the kids are, they may not be required to have a seat in the home state, but would in CA.

Katedrake, how much is a taxi from SNA? No car seat issues with us. We just want the cheapest option to DLH.

We got a taxi Van from SNA and it was round $45, plus tip. if you need booster seats you can get something called a bubblebum, it is an inflatable booster seat that you can stow in your bags as it rolls up and does not weigh a ton.. you can get them online

Wow, I never thought about car seats! I'm going to Disneyland with my grand kids for the first time in Dec. They're flying from Portland and we'll meet at the airport, then go to the hotel. The kids are 3 and 4. What happens if you don't have car seats? You can't take a shuttle or a taxi to the hotel?

Anyone know how much the DE is per person? This is a whole new experience for me going with little ones!

Wow, I never thought about car seats! I'm going to Disneyland with my grand kids for the first time in Dec. They're flying from Portland and we'll meet at the airport, then go to the hotel. The kids are 3 and 4. What happens if you don't have car seats? You can't take a shuttle or a taxi to the hotel?

Anyone know how much the DE is per person? This is a whole new experience for me going with little ones!

They'll let you in the taxi... but if you get caught by the police the parents get the ticket (or other responsible adult) and it is a hefty fine. Not to mention the heartache that would happen if you were in an accident and something happened because you didn't have a carseat for the kids! :worried:

Not sure which airport you are using... but I found the SNA airport "family pass" up to 5 people is $79.99. And from LAX same deal $99.99. Round trip.

I did a bit of research (we are going in November), and there is at least one shuttle company that will provide car seats when requested.

We flew into SNA and took a shuttle. We're a family of 5 and it was the cheapest option. I didn't book ahead of time. Simply used the kiosk phone at the airport.

I'm pretty sure you can negotiate with a shuttle to get a flat rate for the entire family.

I did a bit of research (we are going in November), and there is at least one shuttle company that will provide car seats when requested.

But you don't know if the car seat has ever been in an accident (once in an accident car seats should never be used again, you may not see the damage, but the internal structure could be compromised and they may not hold up to another accident.) Plus how grungy will they be?? I don't really like the idea of my kid sitting in a car seat used by possibly many others... :crazy2:

But you don't know if the car seat has ever been in an accident (once in an accident car seats should never be used again, you may not see the damage, but the internal structure could be compromised and they may not hold up to another accident.) Plus how grungy will they be?? I don't really like the idea of my kid sitting in a car seat used by possibly many others... :crazy2:

Agreed. I didn't use to think it was a big deal until I read how much force gets placed on the seats in even a low impact crash. If you have a 30 lb child, and a 30mph crash, that is 900 lbs of force against the straps and the plastic of the seat. Weight of child x mph in crash is the general number to come up with lbs of force. After hearing that, I realized that it is SUPREMELY important to have car seats that you know the history on. If the straps have been washed, this can compromise the fibers and they can snap. A lot of seat rentals are washed in bleach or detergents which wreak havoc on car seat straps but you would not know it from looking at it.

Katedrake, how much is a taxi from SNA? No car seat issues with us. We just want the cheapest option to DLH.

A taxi is usually about $45 one-way, but you'd probably have to split up into a few taxis, so I'm not sure in your case! You could probably split into two taxi vans, so that would be less than $100 each way... Sorry, I'm not used to dealing with large groups! I guess you'd just have to price the difference between the taxi and Disneyland Express. For our family of 3, a taxi is usually cheaper.

Best of luck! And have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter