• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best advice for Adult Only trip?

bweagle

DIS Veteran
So what is your best advice/tips/strategies etc. to an adult only trip to WDW? DH and I will be going down in June and have purchased 6 day PHP. We plan on hitting MK and EC two days and AK and MGM one each. We're also hoping for an enight during our trip. We plan on using our three flexes at BB, TL, and PI. This is going to be one our "budget trips" so we are staying at ASMu. (Unless some great codes come out soon!)

What advice do you have based on previous adults only trips? Strategies and tips in and out of the parks...etc.?

Looking forward to hearing from you

make you ps at your favorite restuarants before you leave home
- don't try the MK on Saturday

- when at Epcot take the time to see everything well that not possible - but don't just dwell on the big things - see the rose gardens between FW/WS over near Journey - see the gardens in Canada - the gardens behind the Japan, the model train in Germany, see the gardens and the birds in Mexico. See the museum in Mexico, Norway and Morocco. Don't forget to see the films at Canada and China you have to stand, and France you get to set.

try the pastries in France and Norway.

take the boat over the BC/YC and BW areas -

take a tour if you can afford it - MK and Epcot have them I am not sure about AK or Studios.

See the things you cannot see with kids..or that bore the kids when they are along.....Shop in WS, have a leisurely dinner at a sitdown restaurant in WS and then stroll all evening and look at the people and lights.

Skip the real kid rides, that draw more of a kid base such as Dumbo and Pooh, if you see them on other trips..and see the more adult themed rides and attractions such as Ellens Energy adventure, Alien Encounter, ToT, RnR Coaster, Tough to be a Bug.

Eat in a nice sit down restaurant and take your time..no need to rush, just enjoy it....

I have never been to PI at night..but go and spend a nice evening there and sleep in a bit the next day. Just my two cents...have a lot of fun, trips without kids are fun, as are trips with kids....

Take the time to notice and enjoy all those little details that make WDW such a special place! Allow yourselves some time for relaxing and enjoying your resort. And, finally, revel in the fact that you can go on all the rides that you want to, when you want to without worrying about bored kids!;)

If you don't usually act like kids-----TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!

We stayed from opening till close each night we were there.

Be romantic with each other.

Plan little surprises for one another. I surprised Richard with pastries in France and bought him a little souvenir when he wasn't looking.

Eat at one fabulous restaurant......make it special.

Tell your partner each day that you are having lots of fun with him/her. Thank them for making you smile.

Enjoy their company.

Play.......:bounce:

This is easy! We've been to WDW with and without kids and the biggest difference is that you just do what YOU want to do! It's great!

Have fun :)

Never worry what other people think. Be a kid and enjoy each other. My DW and I enjoy fine dining and we always plan our trips around where we will eat lunch and dinner.

Take the Keys to the Kingdom tour! It's fantasic you learn so much about Walt and how he dreamed up the park. We found it so fasinating. You can get a discount by using your AMEX card.

Go to pleasure island. Comedy club, adventure's club. Stroll along the Boardwalk, have dinner at Flying Fish. Have a romantic dinner at California Grill at 8pm, fireworks at 9 or 10pm.

I disagree that you should not ride the "kids" rides. My boyfriend and I went to Disney and had the most fun on the kid rides and taking our pics with the characters. Of course, we did adult things (by the way, we do not have children so you may enjoy not going on those rides) but looking back, our favorite memories are riding Pooh, Peter Pan, meeting the characters, etc.
I think you may be able to enjoy those rides from a different perspective without children.
Just enjoy your precious time together!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter