Best 3 days in mid December...

Which 3 consecutive days would be best?

• Sunday, Monday, Tuesday (December 15-17)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (December 16-18)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (December 17-19)

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

NewbieMouse

DIS Veteran
Debating two scenarios - we are arriving at LAX the morning of Saturday, December 14th, and ca do three consecutive days at DLR. I am debating doing DLR either:
  1. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday (December 15-17), OR
  2. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (December 16-18), OR
  3. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (December 17-19)

Popular crowd calendars differ on what these days will be like. What would you suggest?

TIA!

Throw all your crowd calendars out the window. Seriously. They’re notoriously inaccurate for Disneyland.

Mondays have become the busiest days in the parks so my first instinct says avoid Monday. But the closer you get to Christmas the busier the parks will be so I think that will negate the Monday effect in this case.

As such my recommendation is to go with whatever days fit your schedule best. The parks will be packed on matter what.

Throw all your crowd calendars out the window. Seriously. They’re notoriously inaccurate for Disneyland.

Mondays have become the busiest days in the parks so my first instinct says avoid Monday. But the closer you get to Christmas the busier the parks will be so I think that will negate the Monday effect in this case.

As such my recommendation is to go with whatever days fit your schedule best. The parks will be packed on matter what.

I was thinking Sunday as the SL SC DX are all blocked out. Do you think that's a good call?

I went the first Saturday/Sunday that Deluxe passholders were blacked out this past year, and crowds were incredibly light by December weekend standards. That Sunday should be as good as it gets for that period (with the requisite post-Galaxy's Edge, we now know nothing caveats)

....you want a Wednesday, and you want to take advantage of the Jet lag of all those folks flying in Wednesday night for the four day week-end ,staring at the their STarbucks brew Thursday morning. and Tuesday night would be great also as all the folks flew out Tuesday afternoon.

as for the block-outs, those folks are pretty much accustomed to visiting in January, which means there is a whole different group of folks on that Sunday that Disney is expecting to visit, so that is no-call on making that a factor as a choice.....best scenario for 2019.....many clicks of pretty Christmas photos between Max-pass reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter