• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Besides WDW where have you used your DVC

josierac

DIS Veteran
I am sure that this has been asked before but I can't find it, so here goes.

For those of you that are DVC members, where else have you stayed besides Disney owned properties.

We are looking into this but I don't know if we will be at Disney every year. We like to travel so would like some information on what the other places are like, quality, cleanliness, etc.

also can someone give us some examples of places offered?

Thanks

I did not stay there - but I use my points to get a friend's trip to Las Vegas - she got married there and this was a wedding gift - she though it was wonderful but they have not stayed at a DVC resort yet.

We paid for part of a cruise when they had "The Big REd Boat". We spent two night in the Plaza in NYC, this october we will be staying in an AKL concierge room. Since '92 we have had 4300 points allocated to us. Our non-DVC stays total about 630 points.....including this coming October stay.

We have only used a very small portion of our points for non-DVC stays. You get the best value from staying at DVC resorts.

We used points to stay for three nights at the Grand Californian(DL). I know people say that pts. for hotels is not the best value, but we were delighted w/ this hotel & felt our pts. were well spent.

I will be using points to go to the Mauna Lani Bay resort from the Concierge Collection. We leave in 10 days and we're staying for 8 nights. Can't wait! :cool:

We just booked to deluxe rooms overlooking the bay at The Claremont in San Francisco for 4 days in August.My BIL is getting married out there and the other room is going to be used for relatives.Total points used for the 2 rooms is 220.I have heard nothing but great things about the Claremont,but I'll let you know when we return.

WE did a week exchange of a 1 Bedroom for the Big Island of Hawaii to the Kona Coast II Resort. We leave a month from yesterday!!:bounce:

We used 109 pts to exchange to the Turtle Cay Resort in Virginia Beach, VA. Wonderful resort, great area (if you're a beach person) and the best seafood around. The points were a steal to us if you consider that this was over Labor Day Week.

DH and I spent 3 nights at the Boston Harbor Hotel in January for our anniversary. The points were high, so I don't know that we would do it for a regular vacation, but it was perfect for a weekend getaway.

We went skiing in Vail Colorado and when they found out that we were with Disneys Vacation Club, they upgraded our room and really went out of their way to make us welcome.

Sandstone Creek Club: 5 stars!!!!!!!1:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

DCL - 4-day on the Magic
Keystone Resort - twice
The Plaza Hotel - NYC
The Grand Californian - DL

We've stayed at Big Cedar Lodge in Branson, Missouri (concierge collection). Truly beautiful, peaceful, wonderful getaway. First class resort! And because of that trip, we added on 100 more points before our first DVC stay on WDW property. Then we added on another 100 points after our first DVC WDW stay at VWL.

DVC truly is a wonderful investment in family time!

Laura

we have stayed at the White Swan Inn in San Francisco this past Sept and it was great!

We just returned Sunday from a week at Keystone in a 2br and it was WONDERFUL! We have also used points for a Disney Cruise and a week at the Mauna Lani, an excellent resort!

Allan -

Was your stay at Keystone via the Concierge Collection, or Member Getaway (which I believe involves an II trade)?

I'm trying to gather positive experiences with Member Getaway trades. The Concierge Collection is nice, but my impession is that most of the locations are not family resorts. The week-for-a-week trade via Member Getaway seems like a good non-Disney use of points.

Thanks!

Our stay was a Concierge Collection stay. Our experience was that it is a very family oriented resort. They have an excellent ski school for children that we put our 6yo DD in the entire week. She loved it. Most of the literature about Keystone mentions the family atmosphere of the resort.
We used 30 points per night for a 2BR, comparable to OKW during spring break.

We've used our points to stay at The Plaza in NYC and The Charleston Place. Both were excellent and I'd recommend either one.

Spent 3 nites at the Jefferson in Washngton DC a week ago. Very nice room. Had a wonderful time! A place we never would have stayed if we were paying out of pocket.

We are hoping to take the Alaskan cruise next May/June. Has anyone taken the Alaskan cruise? Comments appreciated

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter